IGNORED

Is your vehicle "Made in America?" Probably not...

not on the rug

I get a kick out of the "only drive American" guys. Look around your house. I would bet 90% of your other stuff (vacuum, washer/dryer, fridge, TV, iPhone, iPad, fishing reels/rods, furniture, laptop etc, etc etc) ISN'T made in America. So whats the difference if your car/truck is made in America? That being said, I drive a ford. Not because I'm fooled to believe it's 100% American made, but cause I like ford trucks. At the end of the day, drive what makes you happy. 

Edited by Hunter115522

I get a kick out of the "only drive American" guys. Look around your house. I would bet 90% of your other stuff (vacuum, washer/dryer, fridge, TV, iPhone, iPad, fishing reels/rods, furniture, laptop etc, etc etc) ISN'T made in America. So whats the difference if your car/truck is made in America? That being said, I drive a ford. Not because I'm fooled to believe it's 100% American made, but cause I like ford trucks. At the end of the day, drive what makes you happy. 

Valid point.......spot on !!!

What brought this on?  Did someone in a big Ford diesel, with a buy American sticker,  look down at you in your little Toyota,  and spit some tobacco on your windshield?  :)

Lol...nope. Just got a chuckle out of the article when I saw it and thought I would share it. The hunting forums seem to be overrun with the "buy american" type who don't even realize their american trucks were built in mexico or canada or god knows where else and that their buddies driving nissans or toyotas had their trucks built right here in the usa, by american workers.

And for the record, I drive a Nissan, not a Toyota. And it's lifted, so not too many people look down on me. Lol

Thats the real problem with our economy, we dont manufacture much here anymore.

And manufacturing is what created cash flow.

The big three sold out the country just like many other product lines has.

China is the greatest copier in the world.

All those jobs done here were lost to the over seas makers.

All the money spent here is leaving our country and hurting us here.

And many are too stupid to understand that we would have a much better economy if cash flow stayed here.

Just imagine if we sent all the office jobs there , bet there would be alot more people taking notice.

Count the actual number of jobs brought by these 8 cars made and assembled in country , its nothing compared to the number making the other thousand models .

Nice to see that some Japanese makers are actually making their parts here,

As all those just assembled here arent creating anywhere near the jobs as those making the parts.

Sad to see not one truck, Japanese or american makes the list .

As assmbled here is not the same as being made here

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Thats the real problem with our economy, we dont manufacture much here anymore.

And manufacturing is what created cash flow.

I agree. And it's a real shame. I don't pretend to be an economist, or know much about it, but imo you really can't blame the companies that are out sourcing. It costs them way less to operate outside of the US, thus profiting much more. What's the solution? Maybe huge tax cuts and incentives to keep their manufacturing here? Higher taxes and penalties for operating primarily overseas? Either way, something has to be done.

Edited by Hunter115522

I'm sure 1957buck just comes in here to whine about society pissing in his cheerios daily because society doesn't suit his attire because he's witnessed many changes throughout society just like myself and many others.the bitching you probably do about younger people is the same the generation from ww2 bitched about your generation which if you where born in 57 you grewup during the disco era which was nothing more then heroin addicts coke heads crack addicts and homosexuals in polyester.

Edited by smoking gun

so with that being said troll nothing has changed its just more sensationilzed now because we all have global instant media at our fingertips.btw good thread not on the rug.i drive a Chevy that was made in Mexico I really don't care I didn't look or worry about it I bought the vehicle for comfort luxury and its a good truck