IGNORED

Snowblower Impeller Upgrade

1957Buck

Posted how my Troybuilt would not work with Wet snow ( bigfish525 ) suggested a Fix with an Impeller Repair Kit. I found it on Amazon and the How Too on Facebook --How to install an Impeller Kit on a Snow Blower -- You can Buy the Kit or gather what you need. A video shows how it makes a BIG improvement. 

Why Troy Built or any other Manufacture would not have this improvement to close the 3/8 gap between Impeller and housing is beyond common sense.    

The Kit on Amazon is $58.88

Separate Item Just the Wiper EACH is $3.56 

Have to shop Lowes to see what materials I can find 4 a DIY.

Blower.jpg

Snow.jpg

71VmQfAS4jL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I think the reason why they have that big gap is in case you suck something up into the impellor so you will not ruin the transmission. Probably looking to limit warranty problems. But by doing so they severely handicap the machine. Once you install the up date you will have a new machine.

I think the reason why they have that big gap is in case you suck something up into the impellor so you will not ruin the transmission. Probably looking to limit warranty problems. But by doing so they severely handicap the machine. Once you install the up date you will have a new machine.

Thanks Again Never came to me to gain access thru the chute to install I saw that on that facebook page. 

Did not try it yet. No heat in Garage and will make a trip to lowes in the morning to see what I can get for the wipers,

bigfish

What and where did you use and get the wiper materials. I am thinking at least 3/16 to 1/4 Thick rubber Vidio mentioned old Mud Flap?

Did u ever have to replace them? 

After hearing some posters with the whys and reasons I called Trot Built at 601-826-7700 Spoke to Service Dept. The short of it The kit is a bad idea. The Answers were it is designed to throw Snow Not Slush the gap is Normal. 

By installing the Kit will put extra strain on Engin, And Unbalance the Impeller resulting in Bearing failures. The Rep. was well aware of the kit and handled many issues concerning it.  He also added Slush alone puts undue stress on the engine And added it is a Snow Blower Not a Slush Blower.  

To put one on is a choice to make right now I will hold off.  

As to any members that have done it, I ask How long have you had it.  And how long do you intend to Keep The Blower????????????nd

Edited by 1957Buck

They sell the kits on eBay. The gap is for what I have explained. If your bearing wore out like that the machine would blow up. When you first install wiper it will be a little tight but they will wear to the right clearance. I have not experienced any abnormal wear on belts. Just be careful what is left on driveway as you don't want that to get stuck in your new set up. Spraying a little oil on the rubber to break in is a good idea.1/4 is a good thickness. This moderation will shock you. Be careful with your measurements as the housing's are not completely round, so set the wiper to the tightest part of housing.