IGNORED

3/6/17 - State Park Service Launches Pilot Project to Protect Intermittent Ponds in Wharton State Forest from Off-road V...

Does anybody from DFW look at the comments that get posted in reply to their initial posts?

The above is just another feel good project that won't work.  Off-roaders will find away around the barricade(s).  Example:  West Milford Township, Passaic County, Clinton Road, TGP Gas Pipeline ROW crossing.  Numerous gates were installed to eliminate access to the ROW.  In some places, steel guiderail was installed in conjunction with the gates to further impede access.  Off-roaders made new access roads just around the edges of all the gates/guiderail and use the ROW same as always.  And that is some critical habitat.  And that's just one example - I could cite many, many more.

So here's an idea:  ticket the abusers and impound their vehicles/ATV's/dirt-bikes.  And enough with the BS about not being able to catch them. 

The whole project that is the subject of this thread is what's wrong with how the State operates.  Attempting to cure the disease by addressing the symptom.  Sorta like treating the pain of an appendicitis with Tylenol instead of removing the appendix.  GET IT????????? 

Does anybody from DFW look at the comments that get posted in reply to their initial posts?

As I understand it, these threads created by "NJDFW" user are nothing more than this NJW&W website automatically copying the emails that get sent to the different DFW mailing lists. So there is no "person" behind creating these threads so no one actively looking at their responses. Unless someone who works in DFW is looking at this website, no, no one in DFW looks at these comments.

You are better off sending your comments directly to the DFW or attend a council meeting and provide public comments there.

I saw this yesterday on fb. Unfortunately LittleM is right. They will just find a way around it I was in Bremen Byrne over the weekend and I saw a whole parade of 4 wheelers drive past me on one of the main roads. Even the main roads in Byrne are torn to hell from trucks tearing through the puddle turning them into giant mud holes.

It's impossible to keep them out.

It's not.  There is a reluctance to getting it done.  Maybe its because there would be no feel-good photo ops like the one they posted in the press release.  Maybe its because it wouldn't generate as much "free money" (donations).  Maybe its just because it would be too logical or make too much sense.  Maybe its just because those in power really just don't care.

I worked on a gate project once.  We were permitted to access the site with our personal ATV's.  I watched a contractor install a gate system that was designed by the State.  Soon as it was complete, I asked everyone to watch what I was about to do.  I drove my AVT back about 50 yards.  I built up a head of steam.  I ducked fairly low on my AVT and went under the gate full speed.  You cannot fix stupid.  You cannot legislate intelligence.  This is why nothing will ever get better.

I spoke to CO in February about a spot that was getting tore up. I told him locations, days and times they frequent these spots. He blew it off and said " they just take off on us". I then told him how to set up so they would be trapped since a section they ride through is sheer drop of 40 feet on each side. He then stated the ones they ticket do it again anyway. Oh so it is better to just let them tear up the woods because it is too hard of work for you. So hear is an idea, arrest them for the destruction instead of issuing a ticket and letting them ride home on their quad. As part of the case push for confiscation of quads- sell them and pay for more operations of this type.