IGNORED

buddy is looking for a crossbow

allmann

I picked up a refurbished Excalibur from Cabela's a number of years back, then purchased the scope kit, even though I have only used the peep sight that came with the refurb. It was in their bargain cave. Have not been there in quite a while. Do not know what currently is available.

Edited by Cedars

you can get the Killer Instinct 370FRT for around 500 bucks at a bunch of places now on ebay.

for even less you can get the same model without the friction release trigger for a little over 400 bucks.

But IMO the trigger on the FRT model is well worth the extra few bucks

For the money it is definetly one of the best deals out there.

Scope it comes with is pretty good, and they shoot GREAT

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

• 2 months later...

Get an Excalibur. As others have posted, can be had in price range requested​. It's the best x bow made. Also consider total cost of ownership. When that 300 dollar range compound x bow needs new cables and strings in a few seasons, will get expensive fast.

Another vote for an Excalibur.  With crossbows, I am a huge proponent of recurves over compounds. You can get them used in that $600 range, and with all the fixins' (cocking rope, arrows, etc..).   

Another plus is that Excalibur has what is probably the best customer service of any bow company, crossbow or vertical, so if anything goes wrong he can rest assured Excalibur has got his back.  IMO, Excalibur's customer service is  almost "too" good, to the point of craziness sometimes the lengths they go to to make their customers happy.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775