IGNORED

Tick bite

Jay, I get the same symptoms you describe just about every time I get bit. Probably starting to itch about now right? I have lumps in my skin from tick bites that occurred years ago. For the record I've had Lyme twice

without me, my rifle is nothing

I went predator hunting the other night and after a short walk through wide open forest got back to the truck and had a bunch of ticks on me.

I get home and check well, shower, then bed.

Next evening I feel a burning sensation on my hip. I look to fins a tick burrowed in. I grab it and yank it you, which was fairly simple like he wasn't there long.

I kill it and down the drain it goes.

Weird thing, I've been bit by many ticks in my life, but this one left a burning raw feeling around the bite. Now a day later, burning is less painful, but the rash is larger. (About 2") and feels warm compared to the skin that is not red.

Anyone ever have thus type of symptom?

The tick shouldn't have been in me for more than 22 hours.. most likely less than 10 hrs. (I probably picked it back up in my truck that morning)

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

I had a similar incident two summers ago during turkey season and tested POSITIVE for lymes. Go to the DOC don't wait he/she will more than likely give you antibiotics then do a blood test now and another in two months to confirm. Don't wit until you have symptoms you will be sorry.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I have gotten the medication three times. They don't waste time testing the tick, it is easier and quicker to treat you as if you have it. Get the meds, don't play games with it.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

do whatever you need to/can do. coming from a guy who almost went deaf, blind, and paralzyed from a figgin tick bite. i had to be put on a portable IV that pumped meds into me. then was put on pills that killed my stomach. im surprised i still walk in the woods after what i went through over a little friggin tick bite. i have had one more incident after that one where i went to the doctor with the tick still in me and he told me "you should really stay out of areas ticks are present, you cant afford another tick carrying lymes" my symtoms were the FLU X20. plus i had to roll my self out of bed and crawl because my legs didnt want to work. eyes fluttered, ears popped so hard that i went deaf for few moments, 103 fever (constant never dropped), the bullseye at the bite was the size of a basketball and my flesh at the bite scene was rotting away. also had about 100 dime size bullseyes on each limb including my face. I also pissed and crapped myself because I couldn't make to the bathroom on time. at this post I am only 29 years old. every joint in my body hurts. I got lymes when I was junior in high school.

when I just see a tick on me now I take a shower so long I'm pruny lol. I also get sick to my stomach when I see a tick. for a while I was throwing out the clothes I was wearing when I saw the tick just to be on the safe side. and I mean double bagging and in the garbage can that night. I even threw out a pair of simms fishing waders because I found a tick crawling on them. that's how bad it is.

Taking a week or two of pills is better than the crap some of the other folks here have posted.  I've pulled ticks off the next day and then gone to the doctor.  They give you two horse pills that are used to treat malaria.  That's all I've ever had to do, and it prevented a heckuva' lot of pain and suffering.  Never had lyme, don't plan on getting it.

It's up to you, man, but I hope you heed the advice of some of the folks who got lyme on this thread.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

quick google search. i wish i took a picture of my rash, but cant find anything near to what mine was.

mine was a scab. that tried healing, that didnt work, then starting oozing puss, tried healing, so on and so on. the part that was rotting flesh was about the size of a gatorade cap, everything around that was a smal bullseye surrounded by a bigger bullseye. like i said above total rash was basketball size.

I get rapid and slow heart rate still to this day. and of course sore joints.

Edited by Kype

When I got Lyme disease back in middle school I remember the flu like symptoms were extreme. I would sweat so bad at night, then be freezing a few min later, back and forth all night.

My mom noticed the bullseye on my neck and asked me who gave me a hickey. . I'm like "I wish -noone" then she realized it was a bullseye and I found 1 more on my arm while I was at the Dr office. I was fine after the antibiotics. I know a lot of people had it a lot worse than me, but I also know this tick wasn't in me long enough to give me lymes. Another disease, maybe, but highly unlikely lymes.

(If what they say is true about it not being able to transmit the disease in under 24 hrs)

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Every one's resistance to any Bites varies greatly Just by reading each person's episodes.  To give advice is ok but be responsible about it There are many more effects of being bitten by a Tick as there are different kinds of ticks.  Deer Ticks are known to transmit Lyme's Brown Rocky Mountain Fever. How a tick is removed and how long it has been in place is important some may need medical attention and the advice to bring the ticks for Identification is a good Idea.

My encounters with Tick's has been Low My Yard gets sprayed big time to prevent them yet they show up now and then

My problem is Poison Ivy. and Hornet stings The strings put me in the emergency Room for anti-venom treatment I have an EPI Pen to use till I reach the Hospital.  There is a lot of Good advise posted here but not a one fits all advice.

Stay safe and informed. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif