IGNORED

When to start mineral sites?

Once is stops freezing at night you want to get the minerals in the ground.  I have been running mineral sites for 5 year and have noticed a difference in the overall health of the deer as well as the amount of fawns we have every year.  Im my past experiences I have found it best to have mineral sites located near a water source.  I have had them  everywhere and the sites away from water sources were not hit as much as the ones near water sources.

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

I agree, I start mine as soon as I see bucks shedding antlers and usually continue right up to hunting season. I have definitely seen a difference in the size of the antlers on my properties. I found that A & W Naturelabs makes a great product, that works and the deer are attracted to it like you wouldn't believe!!!! It's so good that I ask Greg and Stan if I could be on their pro staff! These guys are from Jersey, and I always try to support Jersey guys!!! A chemist by trade, Greg and Stan has developed a mineral that takes out the fillers and most of the salt and put the minerals that the deer need for their good health and antler growth. Mineral Magnet attracts deer like nothing else I tried, and its so much better for the deer! In fact I know now what I'll be doing this beautiful weekend! Good topic!

Edited by Myreezoning

Never done the mineral site deal before. Got a deal on a couple different brands of minerals at tractor supply. I'm sure it's been discussed on here before but looking for input from the gurus. When should I get my sites started?

I called my local TSC this morning to order Di-cal, stock salt, and trace mineral salt. They had no idea what I was talking about. So I called Agway and will have it for me next week. Hoping to spread it in next week end.

I called my local TSC this morning to order Di-cal, stock salt, and trace mineral salt. They had no idea what I was talking about. So I called Agway and will have it for me next week. Hoping to spread it in next week end.

Yea I had a similar experience at tsc. They had trace minerals and molasses chips but no di cal or stock salt