IGNORED

Another Good Night

Droptine 26

Went out to a couple farms tonight. First farm I called for about ten minutes and had a fox coming in, he got to about 70 yards when an owl buzzed us. We both came unglued.

Went to my second farm and set up. Started calling and about 3 minutes in I see a set of eyes break the cover to my right about 80 yards out, at 60 yards I can tell that it's a skunk. I look back to my left and see another set of eyes across the field at about 150 yards. I look back to the skunk and he's still closing the distance. He got to about 20 yards from the call and must have smelled me so he turned and walked away. I look back and see the fox across the field has closed the distance to about 80 yards and has stopped. I switched sounds and he starts coming in again. At 60 yards he starts to circle downwind and as he got to 30 yards, I let the 11/87 bark. Kept the call running and saw another set of eyes at 200 yards. This fox took its time coming in, but when it got to about 100 yards, it disappeared into the woods and never came back out. Did see one more cross the road as I was leaving. All in all it was a good night!

IMG_1587.JPG