IGNORED

Boycott 84 Lumber

Batsto

Here is the full video 84 Lumber wanted to run, but it got rejected.

Published on Feb 5, 2017

The full, uncut 84 Lumber Super Bowl promotional film. See a mother and daughter’s symbolic migrant journey towards becoming legal American citizens. Contains content deemed too controversial for the original ad and banned from broadcast.

I don't even understand the symbolism here, even if there was a wall, it does NOT prevent anyone from becoming a LEGAL citizen.  The creation of a PHYSICAL wall has nothing to do with changing the legal process in becoming a citizen here. Ridiculous video IMHO.

NYPost put them on blast here:  http://nypost.com/2017/02/06/wtf-was-84-lumber-thinking-with-its-super-bowl-ad/

I thought that was an odd choice from a business perspective, unless I'm completely wrong about their customer base.  

Wouldn't the people buying their crap be construction outfits and tradesman (i.e. typical Trump base)?   If so, that commercial seemed positively insane to me.  Unless they're trying to appeal to the illegal alien day laborers, lol, but it's not like they're typically the ones making purchasing decisions on their jobs.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Bud Weiser too.

Yeah, this is the one that I thought was FAR more "sneaky" in its' delivery.  There's really nothing wrong with the commercial, as it's a nice success story regarding an actual US immigrant. 

However, given the lightning rod that subject is currently in America, it could very easily be seen as a "pro-immigrant" and "pro-refugee" advertisement, which is how we both saw it.   Again, I think this was a dumb commericial because I could see how this may pizz anyone who is Republican or conservative off and make them stop buying Amheiser-Busch products.

A Boycott Budweiser movement begins over Super Bowl immigration ad

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/02/04/a-boycott-budweiser-movement-begins-over-super-bowl-immigration-ad/?utm_term=.7a2b91443be9

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I have no problem with refugees or immigrants, none whatsoever.  Lest we forget that the people who built this country, fought for this country, and made this country great were at one time refugees and immigrants.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I was watching the game yesterday when that commercial came on......................... so who won?

I went to bed at 10:00 but my wife stayed up to watch.  From the living room I hear "oh my goodness, they scored",  "they got the 2 points", "they scored again",  "they got the 2 points", "they won, I can't believe it".  I might as well have stayed up.   :rofl:     

Lest we forget that the people who built this country, fought for this country, and made this country great were at one time refugees and immigrants.

Don't know about refugees but my father was an immigrant from Scandinavia and joined the military to serve this country and become a citizen.  He seen first hand the the Germans infiltrate Norway,  took over a fired 35 yr old farm  field worker as a kid to earn his keep after being left on his own , joined the Merchant marine  and once hear became very successful.  His brother came hear years latter and became a self made millionaire.  So any one trying to get into this country should learn the language, serve their country and pay taxes  before  being able to reap any benefits. I'm somewhat disabled, and haven't hunted or worked for about 2 years.  But will not ask for assistance from the Govt.  2 more years to go for my so called SS. benefits.   Ps. Refugees should fight for their own country  and home towns.  JMO. Thanks for letting me rant.  Anyone against Trump is against our Country and Constitution.