IGNORED

Ok, the NJ hunter website is totally confusing

tcook8296

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the new. Njh is great and the people running it are great too. I have already had contact with one of the owners and some of the admins . They are good people and very helpful. They are guys and girls just like us. The new owner has allot of passion for the site and wants to make it a success. Unlike njh's owner who once had passion for the site seemed to have lost intrest in it.These guys are not some giant corporation. They are just smart business people who have taken the idea of fourms to new level

Change is constant. Sometimes good sometimes bad but change is inevitable. Those that embrace change will move forward. Those that don't get left behind.

Njh is far from dead. As matter of fact. All I see is new life. To the guys that don't like it the don't logon.

As far as this thread goes it's just another njh bashing thread. From a site that was supposed to.be against bashing :rolleyes:

Bottom line, people are going to have different opinions regardless. Some will like the direction of a given site, others won't. Just as this site and it's members are discussed over there on NJH...the opposite occurs here. It's inevitable right now given the situation, but it will fade over time as the two sites settle into their own medium. I don't view it as "bashing" as much as a difference of personal preference and opinion. As I said before and I'll say again, I wish the new owners of NJH the best of luck in their business venture. :up:

I think the new. Njh is great and the people running it are great too. I have already had contact with one of the owners and some of the admins . They are good people and very helpful. They are guys and girls just like us. The new owner has allot of passion for the site and wants to make it a success. Unlike njh's owner who once had passion for the site seemed to have lost intrest in it.These guys are not some giant corporation. They are just smart business people who have taken the idea of fourms to new level

Change is constant. Sometimes good sometimes bad but change is inevitable. Those that embrace change will move forward. Those that don't get left behind.

Njh is far from dead. As matter of fact. All I see is new life. To the guys that don't like it the don't logon.

As far as this thread goes it's just another njh bashing thread. From a site that was supposed to.be against bashing :rolleyes:

Good post Bill43:up:

I don't understand if guys are tired of the site then why come here and continue crying about it, leave it behind and move on. You didn't like the bashing there but you're doing the same thing here now. So i guess then bashing is no good unless it's your brand of it :loco:

I haven't been on there in awhile now, but I can say I've observed the same differences of opinion on both sides. No one here is being belligerent or vulgar in their opinions, just stating that they prefer it here and why. Likewise over there, the same is happening (although I've observed plenty of belligerent and vulgar references) ...but the bottom line is the users are happy there too. It's just the nature of the beast with "change", users will state their opinions (good and bad)...it is what it is...but as that "change" settles, so will threads like these. Until then...just hang where you're happy! :)

All I know is it keeps telling me I have an unread PM even though I've looked at it twice and deleted it? I like it here...

That happened to allot of guys. Seems deleted pms came back.came back when they upgraded the software. Just proves nothing is truley deleted in cyberspace. Once it's out there it's there forever . I had pms I deleted a year ago show up in my inbox

I don't look at it as a competition between the sites. I made some friends on NJH and a few enemies. Lately it seems like there are a few folks who turn every thread into a hijack of nonsense. Someone asks a question and gets bashed no matter what the question is. I like it here better. There's plenty of stuff goin on in this world to aggravate or depress me, I'd rather not add to it by discussing what I love with a bunch of people who bash each other.

Another thing that started to bother me was thinking about kids visiting that site. They are the future of our sport and heritage. I don't want them to be turned off by asking a question and being ridiculed for it. Or posting a picture of their first deer and being bashed for it being too small etc...I'll still go on NJH once in awhile but I definitely like this forum better. Just my opinion.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png

I think everyone is over thinking this whole thing and IMO if anyone should be a target for anger its Kris a guy who brought noncomunication to new lows.

As for what site to pledge alegance to I think thats kinda funny I spend more time there because I am still a moderator there never had that here so I'm more involved there than here but it seems for the most part its many of the same folks.

When I email one of the principals over there I get an answer within the hour with Kris within the calender year was shocking for a reply in fact I once got an answer to an email 2 years late from him.

I find it funny that I am twice the age of some of you here and deal with change far better oh andanother thing this is funny no matter who you are IMO

"I am still having a hard time with jakesbeard being a super moderator over there. Was he always one? Is he looking over the crossbow section?"

Folks stop crying and rending your panties and stop talking about websites as if they were tomatoes or assparagus "Home grown" my butt.

I hope all works out for all who have spent time and money creating garden state hook and bullet comunties for us to enjoy.

I find it funny that I am twice the age of some of you here and deal with change far better oh andanother thing this is funny no matter who you are IMO

"I am still having a hard time with jakesbeard being a super moderator over there. Was he always one? Is he looking over the crossbow section?"

Folks stop crying and rending your panties and stop talking about websites as if they were tomatoes or assparagus "Home grown" my butt.

I hope all works out for all who have spent time and money creating garden state hook and bullet comunties for us to enjoy.

I second the jakesbeard comment, the guy is obviously unstable and should not be trusted with moderating such important dialogue.

Now we have people insulting tomatoes and asparagus! This is unbelievable. I happen to love yuppy food. Take it back!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear