IGNORED

Ok, the NJ hunter website is totally confusing

tcook8296

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, it is what it is. Kris decided to sell to an out of state company despite people (myself included) within NJ wanting to invest in the site and see it grow from it's NJ roots. I don't even want to get into all that revolves around his decision, because it can't be changed at this point. I wish the new owners of NJH the best, now that they are known (6 months later). I'm not bashing, I'm only saying that we don't share the same roots, nor the same ideology when it comes to this community. I have no intention of losing touch with what I've been trying to improve and couldn't for years. Now, I can...now, I even feel like I have to. I don't care if this site is 300 people or 30,000 people...my intentions are to give them the best of what NJ has to offer, through an NJ owner. Some of you will understand that, some of you won't...either way it's OK, you're all entitled to whatever experience you are looking for online. :up:

Matty, I understand what you are saying and how you feel, I am in a similar state of mind but just get a little tired of the bashing is all. You can like like one thing without having to pick on another, I guess that comes from my always sticking up for the ones who can't stick up for themselves from my highschool days. LOL.

LOL I hear ya...

I think we're one in the same because I always feel the same way. I think we are just viewing the situation differently. I used to think of NJH as the underdog...so I loved it, defended it, worked to see it thrive. Now I see this site as the underdog to a site that was taken over by a "professional". That's what the guy does....he owns gun forums.

I agree, no need to attack the other forum, but I want to make sure this small, homegrown site thrives now. And I have nothing to gain from that, but a place to come and sling the bull about hunting with everyone else here.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

And based on some of the posts here, I can see others share the same sentiment. I would never compete with Kris on NJH because he was an NJ guy and a fellow outdoorsman. I sat in the shadows for years, trying to work with him on buying the site to help it evolve and give YOU ALL all the things that you wanted for years, because frankly and self-admittedly, he didn't have the time for it. But for years he wasn't ready to sell (despite leading me to believe otherwise), and ultimately didn't want to sell to me (or anyone else that I know who was interested) for whatever reason. After watching that site sit for over 6 months without any engagement from Kris or any new owner, I couldn't let it go anymore. Kris swore he sold it, so I took his word for it, as all signs pointed to it...and it was indeed true (albeit it rather unbelievable). I have no intentions of shutting this site down in lieu of the "new NJH", like I said, I wish them the the best...but we are very different people and will therefore be very different owners. That too, is what it is, my only hope is I can give those that are here what they are looking for...and if I'm not, I'd hope they'd reach out and engage me to help deliver it. I'm not here for me, I have a full time job, I don't "need" this site...I just understand the community, I know why you guys all joined it initially, for the same reasons I did, and I know why many of you left it...for the same reasons I did. Those are the people that will wind up here (perhaps exclusively, perhaps in addition)...and as long as you're happy with your experience here or elsewhere, ultimately that's all that matters. :up:

And based on some of the posts here' date=' I can see others share the same sentiment. I would never compete with Kris on NJH because he was an NJ guy and a fellow outdoorsman. I sat in the shadows for years, trying to work with him on buying the site to help it evolve and give YOU ALL all the things that you wanted for years, because frankly and self-admittedly, he didn't have the time for it. But for years he wasn't ready to sell (despite leading me to believe otherwise), and ultimately didn't want to sell to me (or anyone else that I know who was interested) for whatever reason. After watching that site sit for over 6 months without any engagement from Kris or any new owner (a blatant level of disrespect and utter lack of communication that many seem to be overlooking), I couldn't let it go anymore. Kris swore he sold it, so I took his word for it, as all signs pointed to it...and it was indeed true (albeit it rather unbelievable). I have no intentions of shutting this site down in lieu of the "new NJH", like I said, I wish them the the best...but we are very different people and will therefore be very different owners. That too, is what it is, my only hope is I can give those that are here what they are looking for...and if I'm not, I'd hope they'd reach out and engage me to help deliver it. I'm not here for me, I have a full time job, I don't "need" this site...I just understand the community, I know why you guys all joined it initially, for the same reasons I did, and I know why many of you left it...for the same reasons I did. Those are the people that will wind up here (perhaps exclusively, perhaps in addition)...and as long as you're happy with your experience here or elsewhere, ultimately that's all that matters. :up:

[/quote']

Matt,

You have done a fine job with creating this site. It feels like NJH did 6-7-years ago, when we built some great relationships that still last today.

There was some friendly ball busting but it was part of the fun of being a member on that site. The bashing, insults and elitist attitudes got out of control and killed a good thing. It's good to see you won't let that happen here.

Keep up the good work!!

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

I don't care if this site is 300 people or 30' date='000 people...my intentions are to give them the best of what NJ has to offer, through an NJ owner. Some of you will understand that, some of you won't...either way it's OK, you're all entitled to whatever experience you are looking for online. :up:

[/quote']

:up:

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

The bashing, insults and elitist attitudes got out of control and killed a good thing

That hits the nail on the head! I was a member of NJH since 2005/2006 and it used to be a great site. I watched it crash and burn over the last couple years. It's a shame that only a handful of guys literally ruined that site. I'm looking forward to being a member here, this seems like it's going to be a great site with a great bunch of guys.

let me preface this by saying that I like both sites. the other one is a lot more fun because its a free for all and you don't have to worry about putting on church clothes and being quiet at the risk of being banned.

but crash and burn?? never saw that happen over there nor do I think will it ever, now that new mgmt has taken over.

Regardless of your allegiance you must admit that NJH is still a force to be reckoned with, albeit for the wrong reasons. It is the epitome of a train wreck. 99% of the people talking shit about NJH on this site are lurking over there and unintentionally increasing page views and traffic, ultimately making the other site more popular and appealing to prospective advertisers willing to spend some money.

Sorry...I found a new home.

I will stop in there time and time again, but the site has some kind of weird thing going on, can't put afinger on it yet.

Some of the new posters seem out of touch.

All I can say is perfect timing Matt, thank you.

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.

the other one is a lot more fun because its a free for all and you don't have to worry about putting on church clothes and being quiet at the risk of being banned.

I don't think you need to put on church clothes and be quiet here. I don't, sometimes I post and I'm only wearing underwear....

But seriously, this can be the same fun. Just have to thikn a little more before you post. And if you cross a line, I think we'll warn you before we bust skulls.

Most people that know me, know I'm a HUGE coconut buster...I think that's a huge part of hunting and being a guy. I know no other way to show affection than by making fun of you in a loving way. lol

That being said, there have only been a few times where I stopped myself from posting something here because I knew it was in bad taste.

I enjoy a good sense of humor, it's what gets you through.

So don't think you have to come here in your Sunday best. Just think a little before you let the questionable stuff fly. We want it to be safe for women and kids too, since they are a huge part of our sport now.

Hope that made sense....:up:

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I don't like that it is owned by outsiders that don't even hunt, most have admitted that over there. I pulled all my recipes off the site already, kinda sucked as it had 25,000+ views and I know people used them but now you can only see them here!

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

This will be my new place for hunting and fishing information. I really liked the OLD NJH and enjoyed the conversations with fellow Jersey Hunters. Like everything else in this world, all good things come to an end.

Amen...and with every door closing, another one opens up!

I'll say it again...Matt, great timing with the website!

Opportunity expands in proportion to one's courage.