Ok, the NJ hunter website is totally confusing

tcook8296

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the same place and never will be.

To me, THIS is the new NJH.

The reason I loved the old NJH was because I got to know great people and the owner was one of us. He was/is such a good guy that I enjoyed supporting his site in every way possible. Clicking ads, moderating, whatever he needed.

Now it's some guy that nobody knows, he doesn't have the same passion for that site that Kris had and he doesn't even live in NJ.

At least this site was created by another NJ outdoorsman. While I have only met Matt (BowhunterNJ) like twice maybe three times in person and don't really know him that well, I do know enough about him to know that he is "one of us". He's just some guy living in this state (crappy state impo) lol...who shares a passion for the outdoors.

Much like Kris, he has put forth a lot of his time and money to provide us with a forum where we can share, learn, laugh, and make new friends.

Today, NJH died in my eyes. It's no longer a site created, owned and driven by "one of us"...but just some commercial entity, probably with the sole purpose to make $ for someone.

I feel like its "fake" now.

That's my take on it anyway. Kind of a sad day....but....at least we have this place now.

Thanks Matt!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

To me' date=' THIS is the new NJH.

The reason I loved the old NJH was because I got to know great people and the owner was one of us. He was/is such a good guy that I enjoyed supporting his site in every way possible. Clicking ads, moderating, whatever he needed.

Now it's some guy that nobody knows, he doesn't have the same passion for that site that Kris had and he doesn't even live in NJ.

At least this site was created by another NJ outdoorsman. While I have only met Matt (BowhunterNJ) like twice maybe three times in person and don't really know him that well, I do know enough about him to know that he is "one of us". He's just some guy living in this state (crappy state impo) lol...who shares a passion for the outdoors.

Much like Kris, he has put forth a lot of his time and money to provide us with a forum where we can share, learn, laugh, and make new friends.

Today, NJH died in my eyes. It's no longer a site created, owned and driven by "one of us"...but just some commercial entity, probably with the sole purpose to make $ for someone.

That's my take on it anyway. Kind of a sad day....but....at least we have this place now.

Thanks Matt!

[/quote']

Well said Matty

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

To me' date=' THIS is the new NJH.

Thanks Matt!

[/quote']Here, Here :cheers:

}}}--I certainly do chase New Jersey's BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Bow Buck to date; 2011 Gross; 142 6/8
Best Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
Best Northern Pike to date; 40" (Passaic River Pike )
Best Muskie to date; (The hunt begins)

A site is made up of PEOPLE, PEOPLE are on it, PEOPLE read it, PEOPLE write on it. Do you really care who owns it.. it is what you make it and apparently some of you feel the need to bash.. still bashing so not much has changed. Haters gonna hate.

Elite Pure...
Bow only, deer hunter

A site is made up of PEOPLE, PEOPLE are on it, PEOPLE read it, PEOPLE write on it. Do you really care who owns it.. it is what you make it and apparently some of you feel the need to bash.. still bashing so not much has changed. Haters gonna hate.

I don't think anyone's "hating". And I agree...people are what makes a site. But PEOPLE also own the site. And maybe I'm wierd, but I like to support the local guy or gal. The guy that knows things the way I know them to be. Guys like Kris and Matt.

So yes, who owns the site IS important to me. It doesn't have to be for you, just is that way for ME.

And Hey! I don't want to make the new owner out to be a bad guy either. I don't know him enough to judge. I mean he did introduce himself in the moderator section there, he is an NRA member and likes guns and owns other gun forums, so he has to be at least a half decent guy. On our side when it comes to firearms it would seem. So I wish him luck, but still it's just not the same.

While I may still visit there from time to time, knowing that NJH is no longer "NJ based" just makes it less unique and not as close to my heart. Even though I hate this state for the most part, I feel like we all share a bond...a brotherhood of outdoorsmen and women that have to live in a state where what we love is not popular with the masses. Dressing in camo gets you strange stares. Carrying a gun gets the cops called on you. Leaf blowers 50 yards from your treestand is normal. Killing a bear makes you a psycho murderer. All the poop we endure here makes me feel closer to other NJ hunters and fisherman. It gives me a feeling of closeness that outdoorsmen and women in other states may not know quite the way we know it. I can still find that feeling here!

So this is my "home" now. Whether you all like it or not! LOL

Ok I'm done with my overly emotional, sensitive rants. Why didn't someone stop me? lol

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Matty, I understand what you are saying and how you feel, I am in a similar state of mind but just get a little tired of the bashing is all. You can like like one thing without having to pick on another, I guess that comes from my always sticking up for the ones who can't stick up for themselves from my highschool days. LOL.

Elite Pure...
Bow only, deer hunter

The old site isn't run by locals. It's owned by a conglomerate from Texas that buys forums on a whole bunch of things. The mods are from out of state and have already locked threads. I doubt any of them hunt, and you can bet none of them have hunted in NJ.

It's not New Jersey Hunter anymore, it's New Jersey Hunter owned by some large company in Texas and run by a bunch of 20-year-olds from Kansas and God-knows-where.

If anything, it lost its soul.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.