IGNORED

Wings and CCW's!!

They will just stop sending federal aid or whatever else this state needs lol

a bill is already in the state legislature to put nj taxpayers on the hook to make up the loss should it come, and you can bet if Phil " Sanctuary city " Fulop gets in, hell, he'll sign it so fast the pen will catch fire!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see what the point of this is. We can't carry New Jersey we can't carry in Pennsylvania we can't carry New York we can't carry in Massachusetts we can't​ carry in Connecticut and I'm pretty sure we can't​ carry until the Mason-Dixon line. New Hampshire and Vermont you can carry without this. So what's the purpose?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by Jerseybassnbow

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

I don't see what the point of this is. We can't carry New Jersey we can't carry in Pennsylvania we can't carry New York we can't carry in Massachusetts we can't​ carry in Connecticut and I'm pretty sure we can't​ carry until the Mason-Dixon line. New Hampshire and Vermont you can carry without this. So what's the purpose?

I can carry in PA with my NH non-resident pistol permit.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I can carry in PA with my NH non-resident pistol permit.

I thought PA does not reciprocate anymore? Or is it that they do not recognize Az, Fla or Utah. Is the NH CCW the best to get because of that?

Edited by Jerseybassnbow

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

I thought PA does not reciprocate anymore?

Here is the best source for PA reciprocal agreements.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Media_and_Resources/Firearm_Reciprocity_Agreements/

Actually, now I am beginning to question if it is still valid or not.  This link, at the bottom, states that they no longer accept non-resident pistol permits.

https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-information/Pages/Carrying-Firearms-in-Pennsylvania.aspx

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170319-224458.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_20170319-224548.png

This isn't a state agency website, so don't rely on it for accurate information.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170319-224911.png

This applies to people who are not PA citizens who want a PA non-resident license.  It doesn't deal with reciprocity.  The link I posted deals specifically with reciprocity laws, which is what applies here.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Even from your link it seems like if you're not a PA resident and you have an out-of-state carry they will not honor it ut Az Fla and you cannot get a PA ccw because you are not a PA resident and New Jersey does not offer a CCW for a PA non resident. Am I correct?

Edited by Jerseybassnbow

MOLON LABE

Even from your link it seems like if you're not a PA resident and you have an out-of-state carry they will not honor it ut Az Fla and you cannot get a PA ccw because you are not a PA resident and New Jersey does not offer a CCW for a PA non resident. Am I correct?

Partially correct.

I spoke to some other folks about this and it all boils down to how each state reciprocity agreement is written.  In 2013-2014 a lot of agreements were re-written to prevent CCW non-resident holders from carrying in PA.  The reason this was done was to prevent a PA citizen from getting a non-resident CCW to carry in PA, thereby circumventing PA laws for their own citizens.

There is wording in the NH reciprocity agreement that may prevent non-residents from carrying in PA, but it could be argued both ways.  That agreement was left unchanged since 2004.

The FL and UT agreements were amended to prevent CCW for non-residents of those states.

The line in the UT reciprocity agreement states that:

"The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall give full faith and credit to a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the State of Utah to residents of the State of Utah,..."

The FL was amended with:

"The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall give full faith and credit to a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the State of Florida to legal residents of the State of Florida,..."

There is no such amendment in the NH agreement.  Without the distinction, the agreement reads that both states will accept "valid permits" from either state without a specific exemption for non-resident CCWs.  I assume this is because you have UT/FL classes all over NJ, and it would be easy for a PA resident to drive 30-minutes to attend a class and circumvent their laws.  However, very few people have a NH non-resident, so it would probably be something that flew under the radar.  You can thank the corrupt and disgraced former PA Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane for changing these laws.

However, like anything else that involves a legal matter, this is best resolved by lawyers.  I'm going to see if the NRA has a lawyer on retention that can answer this question, or possibly the ANJRPC.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Why would a PA resident get a non-resident CCW when they can get a PA resident CCW? That doesn't make sense to me. I have a feeling New Hampshire will now be added to that list Fla Ut AZ.

Edited by Jerseybassnbow

MOLON LABE

Why would a PA resident get a non-resident CCW when they can get a PA resident CCW? That doesn't make sense to me. I have a feeling New Hampshire will now be added to that list Fla Ut AZ.

A PA resident could get a non-resident CCW to allow them to carry in PA if they were denied a CCW in PA.  That's why they law was put in place.

The attorney general (Democrat) of PA who amended these agreements is now in prison.  I don't think it's a top priority anymore.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.