IGNORED

Any mobile mechanics on here?

Lphunsjr

Taking a shot here,,,,,Son crashed my truck and bent the rear axel differential on my 2000 Tundra. Needs rear axle and both rear leaf springs. Not sure if someone can bend the rear, as it is very slightly bent. Hard to even see, was told that it is bent. Regardless if anyone on here can help, please let me know. Truck is in Toms River. Thanks

Any time you bend metal you weaken it a little.  If it's only the diff and not the outer pipe or inner shaft that he bent you may have a shot of only fixing the diff and any broken spider gears inside.  I would really check everything 100% if you do fix it.  Vibration at 60+ MPH can break things and you'd want to avoid that at all possible.

You mention you need a rear axle so I'm assuming he bent the pipe and inner shaft.  Safer to get a replacement in MHO.

Any time you bend metal you weaken it a little.  If it's only the diff and not the outer pipe or inner shaft that he bent you may have a shot of only fixing the diff and any broken spider gears inside.  I would really check everything 100% if you do fix it.  Vibration at 60+ MPH can break things and you'd want to avoid that at all possible.

You mention you need a rear axle so I'm assuming he bent the pipe and inner shaft.  Safer to get a replacement in MHO.

Thanks. Yeah the tube is slightly bent, not really sure what else if anything. Been looking for a used rear from junk yards, but no luck so far