IGNORED

South Jersey Grey fox country

redneck

At one time the grey fox was every where here in South Jersey. Back in the foot hold days (Pre 86) (We lost the trap in 84 but could used them in the 84 / 85 season  if I set a dirt hole or flat set for coon in the thick stuff I caught a grey there also.  same for out in the red fox country I would catch more grey's than reds and that was fine as I love the grey fox. when we went to CR's (known back in those days as the Non lethal Body gripping snare) in 86 for many years I caught many grey's but I found that I had to target them.  Coon country 5 to 6 inch loop 6 to 7 inches on bottom of the loop. which to day is my coon set up as I was catching the coon now in my grey sets LOL  I caught more grey's on my lured and baited snare sets out in red fox country also. By the mid 90's the grey fox numbers started to fall and I was not seeing them much anymore. by 2000 I would only catch  a few each year.  Funny how in the 60's ( I started to try to trap in 68) 70' and early 80's with 4 to 6 k trappers out using the foot traps and catching the grey fox by numbers the grey held strong in high population, But when the state only had 600 trappers for many years and not catching them like we had in the past, the population dropped.  To my joy in the past 5 years I have seen the grey's start to rebound.  when we get the 2 to 3 inches of snow i head right out to the coon country get down in the stuff and look for the grey's  as soon as the snow is gone so it their sign of them being there.  But they are LOL

South Jersey Grey fox country

Edited by rgw

ACP WILDLIFE CONTROL SERVICES AND ACP REDNECKS PRIDE

referral-0076111001448070575.jpg

I'm in north jersey, Flanders to be exact, and have seen a few greys up here, one got rolled up by a car last winter, it made it to the woods by my complex, I went looking for it but never found it.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I've caught them in NY and North Cackalaka, but none in NJ yet

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Im in central Jersey and there definitely seams like they are making a come back. I have had them on trail camera in 2 areas around Jackson. When i was baiting all the way up north jersey in Stokes area i had grays on camera a fair amount of times too.

When i was a kid and my dad trapped he caught probably 75-80 percent grays over reds. This is back in the late 70s and early 80s

Jackson to Stokes is an effin haul

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I'll trade ya some cats for some Grey's

Mike I will send ya some grey's but you can keep the cats :shock:   By the way I have seen some         :hmmmer:  :hmmmer:  :hmmmer:  :hmmmer:  :hmmmer:  :hmmmer:  :hmmmer:  :hmmmer:  :hmmmer:  :hmmmer:   Never mind  :rofl:

ACP WILDLIFE CONTROL SERVICES AND ACP REDNECKS PRIDE

referral-0076111001448070575.jpg