IGNORED

Winchester Mod. 69A 22 Cal Redo and DIYS Bench Rest

1957Buck

My fall project was to Rebuild and Refinish My Father's Winchester Model 69A 22 Cal. he got it as a Boy around 1938 0r so. I refinished the Stock and applied just a finish restore no clear coats. I had to replace The Trigger, Sear, Safety. Trigger spring. Got it all from Numrich Arms NY They must have parts galore just looked at breakdown of Rifle on their site for part # and they took care of the rest. Also added a Scope.  Drilled and tapped holes myself.

I have seen prices on Gunbroker from $549. to $150. And this one is by far in better condition then the $549. But will never sell it. 

The bench rest I also made originally for my Pistol. but works just great for the Rifle. Shown raw and than stained. 

I also did the gunsmithing on the pistol for the Picatinny mount and Red Dot Site.  

Pistol also 22ca  Smith & Wesson 

Also cheated with white liner in butt pad not original  :hmmmer:

Email Print.jpg

Complete Colage.jpg

Stained with Parts.jpg

Sight Placement.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

My grand father left me his 69A but it's missing the bolt. It's in mint condition. Did you notice of numrichs carried bolts for these guns 

Yes, they most likely do be it whole or parts  And they do not over charge. I have also seen parts on Ebay but are used over priced. Theirs is all New satisfaction Guaranteed. I even had to return one that I made a mistake just paid return shipping. 

FYI it seems parts for the older firearms fit out of the box not so with newer Firearms  :headscratch:

If you decide to refinish the stock it is most likely Rock Maple very hard I used a Paint scraper one direction with the grain to remove the finish.  Varnish Do Not use a clear Coat such as Varnish, Urethane. I used Formby's furniture restore  Only just Follow instructions.  

Also, this rifle is very accurate hope the Bore is in good shape 

Good Luck Bill 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif