IGNORED

Already getting ready for november

jerseybowhunter

Did some walking around my favorite rut stand a few weeks ago in the snow, walked about 80yds deeper towards where I see a lot of deer and most of my deer come from and all I can say is wow, thick laurels backed up to a thick cedar swamp, rubs, scrapes and tons of runs and tracks in the snow. Found a nice tree within shooting distance of a bunch of runs. Came back today with one of my custom ladder stands. 18' to the platform and a roomy 44"x44" platform and a comfy lawn chair for all day sits on the edge of the bedding area during the rut. My stand 80yds away has produced a few nice bucks and have seen some real nice ones closer to where I hung this set so I have a feeling this will be my new go to stand. If anyone wants info about how I built it just ask, I painted all the wood and built the ladder at my house, carried it in and set it up by myself then once strapped to the tree I screwed the platform down. This is my 4th one building this way and it makes it hard for thieves to steal and all day sits or maneuvering around a limb to get a shot way easier then standing on a little 20x30 platform

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2518.JPG

You must be young! At this point of my life being an old dude now into my 50's if I had to build that thing and drag that in, then try to set it up without killing myself, just to kill a jersey 4pt I would just join a bowling league or take up chess...I hope you kill a monster out of it, you deserve it, but you better put a life line on that! Seriously! Put a life line on it.

Edited by Bowhunter2004