IGNORED

Trout Magnets Who Knew

1957Buck

http://stokessport.com/

(973) 948-5448

And a Big Thank You To You.  :cupcoffee:  Was going to stop at the bar next door but did not have my Bikers vest on :rolleyes:   thinking it was needed :doh2:

Seems that web page is not kept up-to-date will have to call hope they are in a good mood the last report was Sep.  

They do have a facebook page? Yep just made a visit seems active 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Been using them for years for panfish too. Great for crappies and king sized bluegills. On ultralight tackle, you can have a blast.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Sounds like a plan to fish the no kill stretch I had thoughts of a trip up there also but have concerns if the Road to the NK would be open or if there was any snow still in those areas as many roads have been closed thru out Stokes and National park.  or what the water levels are with Melt and Rain. I lost the number of that Tackle Shop on 206 on left going north before Stakes used to call him for conditions have to do a search. 

The roads are in fine shape, and there's zero snow around. The No-Kill section is holding a good number of nice sized trout from the fall stocking along with some fish from the spring still as well as a few wild brooks and browns and occasionally you'll encounter a holdover from a small private stocking that takes place each year of browns, tigers and a few goldens. FYI, the best section to hit would be from the top of Blewitt down to the Roy bridge. The upper section of the No-kill from 206 down is not holding many fish and is also more difficult to both access and fish. Given the current forecast looking ahead I would venture to say that next weekend should be pretty damned good up there!

Edited by Dave B.

The roads are in fine shape, and there's zero snow around. The No-Kill section is holding a good number of nice sized trout from the fall stocking along with some fish from the spring still as well as a few wild brooks and browns and occasionally you'll encounter a holdover from a small private stocking that takes place each year of browns, tigers and a few goldens. FYI, the best section to hit would be from the top of Blewitt down to the Roy bridge. The upper section of the No-kill from 206 down is not holding many fish and is also more difficult to both access and fish. Given the current forecast looking ahead I would venture to say that next weekend should be pretty damned good up there!

Thanks, bad rain weather forecast for close to coast and interior till Tuesday. Then Clear I like the pool under the hemlocks In October they were stacked up like cordwood under a fallen tree opposite bank. The water was so low they were spooked, that's when I went Towards Walpack to find the same conditions but had the very good catch and release. I just may give it a try this Friday or Saturday weather permitting.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

• 2 months later...

I'd like to give these things a try. Anyone have a favorite color that works best?

3 Blade, I prefer the mustard colored trout magnet or the white ones...Pick up the kit which includes most of the proven colors...It is around $10-12 and has everything you need.

Trout Magnets?  What are you trying to do to this snobbish, dry fly purist???  What's next, a thread on power bait????  Worm dunking????? :shock:  :rofl: 

I have to say that I've never tried the TMs, but I know many who swear by them and white seems to be the color of choice by most.  I used to favor a size 2 Blue Fox Vibrax spinner in silver in my spin days.  But I used it all and then some since I was a wee lad.  Rapalas, worms, Mepps and Rooster Tail spinners, Pheobe lures, etc.  They all have their places.  But for the last 25 years or so, I stick 100% to the fly rod.    

Ha-ha...I guess using Powerbaits and Trout Magnets are equivalent to hunting deer with an xbow and bolts tipped with Rage over 100lb pile of corn. :rofl:  Fly rod? I am no where near ready for that challenge. :)

Edited by 3 Blade

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Trout Magnets?  What are you trying to do to this snobbish, dry fly purist???  What's next, a thread on power bait????  Worm dunking????? :shock:  :rofl:

I have to say that I've never tried the TMs, but I know many who swear by them and white seems to be the color of choice by most.  I used to favor a size 2 Blue Fox Vibrax spinner in silver in my spin days.  But I used it all and then some since I was a wee lad.  Rapalas, worms, Mepps and Rooster Tail spinners, Pheobe lures, etc.  They all have their places.  But for the last 25 years or so, I stick 100% to the fly rod.    

Brian, you want to laugh? This past fall I brought the fly rod when I went to the Flatbrook with my Dad......Could not get a hit on anything that afternoon. Put on a mustard color trout magnet and watched the float disappear several times.  Some of the older rainbows felt like they were 10 lbs on the fly rod when in reality they were @ 2lbs each....Lots of fun....Next time I will not bring them as to not "cheat' with the fly rod lol.....