IGNORED

Trout Magnets Who Knew

1957Buck

Was introduced to these little Jigs during Fall Trout Season. was given one to try since I was not catching by a youngster Pink Gold head and Wam finally lost it after some 6 Trout Released, No one had them from Dicks to Local guys went on Amazon and ordered the complete collection, I am throwing out all my other tackle.

who knew. :hmmmer:   

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I became a believer a few years ago when a guy across from my son and I in Flatbrookville was catching one after another.

My son asked me what they were hitting, and the guy threw a gold trout magnet over to me. My son began to catch rainbows on each drift using the trout magnet and I was shocked. We now keep all colors on us during the spring and fall. Very impressed with how well the trout are attracted to something with so little action...

Still haven't found anything that beats yellow power bait, was at pequest the other day, beat the hell out of the rainbows, every one being better than 15, and no I was not in the conservation area, can't use power bait there.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

When fish are not actively feeding trout magnets will out fish just about anything.

Caddis are a treat to trout .and when they get a chance at them .they are going to eat them.

I like fishing the magnets without a float on ultralight tackle. Casting upstream so they fall tight to the bottom .

Deadly bait for sure .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I am throwing out all my other tackle. who knew. :hmmmer:   

I wouldn't do that yet. Sometimes they don't work then you'll need the stuff you threw out. :up: 

I make home made trout magnets myself. I get small shad darts and various colored small rubber worms and cut them to shape and split the tail with a scissor.

I wouldn't do that yet. Sometimes they don't work then you'll need the stuff you threw out. :up:

I make home made trout magnets myself. I get small shad darts and various colored small rubber worms and cut them to shape and split the tail with a scissor.

For the price for them and all the colors of the Heads and Tails somehow not worth the bother to DIY. But DIY has its Place  :cupcoffee:

Has anyone had the problem of the tails drying out after use and not put back in the box or any other container? 

I was kiiding about throwing out every this else  :up:

When fish are not actively feeding trout magnets will out fish just about anything.

Caddis are a treat to trout .and when they get a chance at them .they are going to eat them.

I like fishing the magnets without a float on ultralight tackle. Casting upstream so they fall tight to the bottom .

Deadly bait for sure .

I also use do not care for the floats.  Even when I Fly fish rivers I do not care to use the float indicators 

I became a believer a few years ago when a guy across from my son and I in Flatbrookville was catching one after another.

My son asked me what they were hitting, and the guy threw a gold trout magnet over to me. My son began to catch rainbows on each drift using the trout magnet and I was shocked. We now keep all colors on us during the spring and fall. Very impressed with how well the trout are attracted to something with so little action...

That is exactly my story even that it was on the Flatbrook when I asked someone what were they using and he shared them with me he was with his brother and Father. is it me or when you are away from the combat fishing people are more helpful. The stretch I have been fishing year after year is remote and difficult to get down to even more past few years after the road got washed out big time. people just pass by leaving it to a few. I once posted photos of the Trout swimming between our legs in schools. any interest I will do a Repost.   

PPJR could we be fishing the same area?

Edited by 1957Buck

PPJR could we be fishing the same area?

I am sure. We usually hit the entire stretch but prefer the part where the Flatbrook meets the Delaware towards the end. Been fishing those holes since I was a kid and is great to fish with my kids there now. When hunting season ends, I am going to bring my son to the no kill stretch with his fly rod  before the opener. He caught a beautiful Rainbow before the opener last year on a copper john nymph for his 1st fly rod trout...

I am sure. We usually hit the entire stretch but prefer the part where the Flatbrook meets the Delaware towards the end. Been fishing those holes since I was a kid and is great to fish with my kids there now. When hunting season ends, I am going to bring my son to the no kill stretch with his fly rod  before the opener. He caught a beautiful Rainbow before the opener last year on a copper john nymph for his 1st fly rod trout...

Sounds like a plan to fish the no kill stretch I had thoughts of a trip up there also but have concerns if the Road to the NK would be open or if there was any snow still in those areas as many roads have been closed thru out Stokes and National park.  or what the water levels are with Melt and Rain. I lost the number of that Tackle Shop on 206 on left going north before Stakes used to call him for conditions have to do a search.