IGNORED

Ever Hunt Low Tree Stands?

buckfever1974

If you have the cover and must have the wind right then low stand is ok.

outdoorslife:  Good cover/backdrop and the right wind...absolutely

:agree:  :agree:  :agree:

Very true,  my daughter shot this deer from the ground, 15 yards, no ground blind.  The wind was right and we used natural cover to break us up.  The deer never knew that we were there.

8 point.jpg

Lots of great deer have been taken from the ground and low hanging treestands.  All comes down to not being detected, the height you're at really doesn't matter if you're stealthy enough to avoid detection.

Agree 100%.   IMO, there's a general fear among many hunters that being on the ground makes it easier for deer to detect you, and this leads people to not hunt from the ground.  Totally false.   I am virtually never detected in ground blinds, and in fact, I think it actually HELPS in preventing detection by partially containing my scent within the 4 walls.   Sit in the far back of the blind, wear all black (not like the hunting shows where they get paid to wear camo in ground blinds = lol), and cover your head with a dark balaclava. 

Very true,  my daughter shot this deer from the ground, 15 yards, no ground blind.  The wind was right and we used natural cover to break us up.  The deer never knew that we were there.

What were you hiding behind?    Great picture BTW, I'd make an 8x10 and frame that if it was my family.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

What were you hiding behind?    Great picture BTW, I'd make an 8x10 and frame that if it was my family.

Thanks, yeah we have a few deer pictures hanging on the wall. 

We had our backs against a big old oak with a blow down in front of us. 

I broke the bottom rung of a ladder stand (feel out of it putting it up long story it sucked) so me and my partner just put it in a heavy brush cover area. It is now only 12 ft up. I shot a doe out of it and saw many deer that did not know I was there. I think there is so many variables that could make sitting anywhere from 9ft-35ft ideal. 

Chasing the deer that eat your bushes since 2012

EVER HUNT LOW TREE STANDS

Only when I want to spook deer. Lol.

It's all about wind direction, and surrounding cover, and your movement. If you hunt low, make sure to be totally camouflaged, especially face and hands. Your movement must be slow and deliberate. Only move when the deer can't see you!

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

back drop is the most important and camo that blends in. They live and die by their nose 1st and eyes 2nd

Bingo!

I use low stands with my recurve all the time, i am much more comfortable shooting the curve without the sharp downward angle height gives you. I use an old crotch stand for this and set up to look one way, you don't get away with movement down low. One crotch i set up in is only 6' above ghe ground but the big triple trunk tree is great for concealment

AWM