IGNORED

Predator hunting?

Shootstraight

Probably will be out Saturday for the first time with the rifle to work on some coyote. Either an old Sears .22 magnum bolt action (surprisingly a tack driver) or my Rock River varmint AR , depending on how I'm feeling that day or the property i hunt. First time out the other night with the shotgun called in some fox and one coyote , but wasn't shooting fox and the coyote didn't close the gap.

i have been calling since before the predator season when the rules were still under the small game regs. i have called only fox in. cotton tail distress, mice/voles, groundhog pup distress, and cardinal whailing calls have all produced for me.

once the predator season opened i started using my .17 HMR because i havent made it out to sight in my .223. i have got 6 fox so far, 2 with my 17HMR longest shot was 82 yards. its fun but i still want to get my 223 sighted in and i also would like to get out at night and hunt with the shotgun. good luck to everyone. season is still young however, the fur is going downhill fast if thats what you're after. All my fox are put up. just still have them pinned because im waiting for the ears to dry.

Been out 2 Saturdays  with Stevo havn't connected yet But he knows what he's doing and I'm confident we'll connect I've only been out with the 17 but chomping at the bit to use the new Remington 700 Tactical 223 but I only had FMJ ammo looking for soft point  or Hollow Points

Going out in NYS  this Saturday night because I can use my .243 at night there. I have a spot on a pipeline with 200+yd possible shots. I would have went last Saturday, but it was snowing and I hate getting my guns wet. I have other spots in NYS that do not offer the long shots. There I will use my Marlin bolt action 22LR with CCI Stingers.

If I go in NJ I could use my AR-15 with .223 hollow points during the day. I would have to remove the laser to be legal. At night in NJ I will use my Mossberg 835 with the 3.5" Dead Coyote "T" shot load and the choke designed specifically for that load.