IGNORED

Possible surgery for my girlfriend!!!!!

GhostBear

Well? Here it is, and it scares the crap out of me! My girlfriend of 3 years. Suffers with scoliosis since middle school, as of the last few weeks the pain she constantly has is getting intolerable, she just had X-rays done and the curve in her spine looks bad to me, so bad in fact she's now thinking hard about corrective surgery, now I just looked it up and all I can say is holy shit! This is gonna be bad! They are gonna lay her open neck to butt, and put in a series of hooks screws and rods, along with bone grafts, to rotate and straiten her spine and relieve the pain she's endured for close to 30 years.

She is still looking at options, and it's still to early to jump into surgery, but it's starting to look like that's what's going to happen in the next few months to a year.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Well? Here it is, and it scares the crap out of me! My girlfriend of 3 years. Suffers with scoliosis since middle school, as of the last few weeks the pain she constantly has is getting intolerable, she just had X-rays done and the curve in her spine looks bad to me, so bad in fact she's now thinking hard about corrective surgery, now I just looked it up and all I can say is holy shit! This is gonna be bad! They are gonna lay her open neck to butt, and put in a series of hooks screws and rods, along with bone grafts, to rotate and straiten her spine and relieve the pain she's endured for close to 30 years.

She is still looking at options, and it's still to early to jump into surgery, but it's starting to look like that's what's going to happen in the next few months to a year.

I assume she has talked to people who have had the surgery?  Has she had this condition since birth?

I assume she has talked to people who have had the surgery?  Has she had this condition since birth?

she was diagnosed in junior high, she's doing the research, and has a cousin that had under gone it and will be speaking to him as well.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

She will need lots of support and TLC.

Be there for her 100%.

Best wishes.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

she was diagnosed in junior high, she's doing the research, and has a cousin that had under gone it and will be speaking to him as well.

I don't what's worse, pain or recovery from surgery. The ongoing pain must at times be debilitating and surgery takes time to recover from but she could have a pain free existence if all goes well.  I pray it all works out well for the both of you.