IGNORED

This hunting season

This hunting season has been good but the weather flat out sucked. I was able to take a big doe on opening evening and my first bear this season. Normally I get 4 deer per season 2 NJ deer and 2 in Va. I'm still waiting to get my 1st ever public land deer. I feel like the weather sucked we only had snow about 3 times and it only hung around for a few days. I hope next year we have more snow

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

Eirk - I bet that bear filled your freezer up pretty well!  Had you ever tried bear meat before getting your bear in October?  How did you have it butchered and how do you like it? 

I've only gotten two deer this year, and am hoping for another to top off the freezer.  I've had opportunities on many of my sits, but I'm pretty selective and don't want to shoot everything in site. I took two good sized feral hogs in South Carolina in November, which was a ton of fun and something I want to do at least once a year.  . 

2016 as a whole was good to me, my public land honey hole produced as always, and in 2016 have taken 3 from that one tree, and one from a backyard bow spot. The tally for me was 2 in January, 1 in October and 1 in December. One of the deer shot in January was on private land, the others from the other spot.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Eirk - I bet that bear filled your freezer up pretty well!  Had you ever tried bear meat before getting your bear in October?  How did you have it butchered and how do you like it? 

I've only gotten two deer this year, and am hoping for another to top off the freezer.  I've had opportunities on many of my sits, but I'm pretty selective and don't want to shoot everything in site. I took two good sized feral hogs in South Carolina in November, which was a ton of fun and something I want to do at least once a year.  . 

Eric bear is actually really good and I never had it until this year

early sept was too hot so was early oct so I opted to crush stripers and albies then my mother was in hospice the last week of Oct prime rut time then passed in early November I took a buck the 11th of November then I fished more then Dec the wed of shotgun season I opted to go with bow on a cold crisp morning I scored a huge doe then didn't hunt anymore til yesterday haha that was a joke on public ground.I don't need to start a thread about it because it's the same story over and over and over.OUR STATE LANDS ARE SO MISMANAGED AND SUCK

The land our club leases is all nocturnal basically with only a few pics per month of daytime activity. Therefore I've been hunting public land and have seen deer during legal shooting hours but they are very careful due to the pressure. I hope to get one on Monday