IGNORED

Is it Unsafe to Load New Brass Without Resizing?

username

If you purchase new brass, like this from Hornady, do you have to resize?  Would the brass be the same tolerance as that of factory box ammo?  Any safety issues if you do not resize?

Normally, I would resize the brass to the precise headspacing of the rifle.  However, I am unable to do so as I do not have access to the rifle.  Note, it is not a match chamber, just a hunting rifle.  

I would like to load some rounds to my all purpose recipe for 30-06's:

Hornady 165 SST 
55 grains of 4350
Winchester Large Rifle Primer
OAL-  3.240"

So, is using factory brass without resizing out of the question?  Or, just not preferred? 

WHY?

I would never trust that factory new brass was perfect and ready to load.

Are the necks the right size to hold a bullet?   I still have to ask WHY would you even consider this? 

Only real safety issue I can think of is bullet set back -- You absolutely sure the case neck is the proper size to hold the bullet from movement during chambering and recoil

I'd bet there will be chambering issues too

I Neck Size only every Rifle I own except for AR's. Hornady's new Brass needs to be Chamfered and De Bured. That's it. Full Length Sizing is not necessary. Repeated FL sizing wears the Brass out faster. Buy Reddings 3 Die Set. FL, Seat, Neck. After repeated firings and only Neck Sizing the Brass may start to get tight. Then you need to FL Size it. If you have 2 Rifles in the same caliber you need to keep the ammo separate as one may not fit the other.

After a day at the range I nock out the primers then in the SS Tumbler they go. I Neck Size then check length. If they need to be trimmed I do so. If not I load them.

If you buy Norma Brass they even Chamfer and de bur it for you. Just load it. I Like Hornady though. Stay away from Winchester Brass. R-P  Remington Peters si another good one.

And if you want the best Lapua. I have never bought Lapua as I could not justify the cost for hunting rifles. If I was shooting competition BR then I would.

Never Neck Size an AR. On a bolt gun you can feel when it is getting hard to close and then you know it is time to FL size. On a auto loader you can't and it will tell you when a round jams up. A stuck round in an AR is a bitch LOL.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them