IGNORED

Casting reels for saltwater?

Mikelodeon

• 1 month later...

Used Casting Reels before the spinning revolution Had a Penn on my home made Calcutta pole. for saltwater surf fishing. Never went back it is spinning all the way for me. I have never seen anyone using one anymore. Good Luck.

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I have personally used Avet reels for sometime now, and am very happy with their quality and workings.

http://www.avetreels.net

Mine are used primarily for surf fishing.

Both Dead sticking and throwing stuff (Plugs, Spoons, Bucktails, etc.)

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I use conventional for throwing bait from the beach( and those are mostly Ambassadeur or Newells) but for throwing plugs,jigs its a spinning reel. With the great spinning reels out there plenty of power and no need to plug with conventional anymore. From a boat different ball game.

Edited by mikejd

:rant: Now you all done it have to look into a Freshwater Casting reel after all these years My Grandson noticed them on a bass Show and now interested. My only question is How light a lure can be cast by one. Since we just got into the trout magnets.  Saltwater I will stick with Spinning. Since most of my saltwater is done from Beach casting or dead sticking.

So my questions are what reel to get for let's say Ultra light Lures?   

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

:rant: Now you all done it have to look into a Freshwater Casting reel after all these years My Grandson noticed them on a bass Show and now interested. My only question is How light a lure can be cast by one. Since we just got into the trout magnets.  Saltwater I will stick with Spinning. Since most of my saltwater is done from Beach casting or dead sticking.

So my questions are what reel to get for let's say Ultra light Lures?   

pflueger president is a great real for the money 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/