• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

NJ Predator Hunters Assoc.... MEMBERSHIP IS FREE.......

21 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 01/08/17 - 10:08 PM

The meeting at Assunpink was held yesterday in that driving snowstorm.
Id like to thank Andrew Burnett NjDCNR predator biologist for giving a great presentation on the Nj coyote and its expansion throughout the entire state.
The big take away from the meeting was there is a voice in numbers. The state is willing to listen to sportsman. There is an existing South jersey Predator hunters association that if anyone is interested in joining please contact me.

We need members to form central and Northern chapters. Membership is free!

It was explained to us that to have 3 predator chapters across the state will give predator hunters a voice in future season changes and weapons changes.

If we can put together a well thought out presentation on why the coyote season is to short and why the regulations are confusing the state will listen.
I can provide the studies but we need members!

this isn't about trying to eradicate coyotes. That's not going to happen, they are here to stay. This is about establishing common sense rules and regulations for Nj hunters to help control a predator population.

Anyone who has an interest in predator hunting please join a South, Central or Northern chapter.... .
PM ME for particulars and phone number of member handling applications.

here is the facebook page......
http://www.facebook.com/njgamecontrol/

Edited by Palawman30, 01/08/17 - 10:10 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • List

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

#2 Male OFFLINE   Shootstraight

Shootstraight

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 01:32 PM

PM sent ongetting a north chapter up and running.

Thanks,

SS!

#3 Male OFFLINE   Stevo

Stevo

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 02:15 PM

I am ready to get a central chapter going. I will volunteer all the spare time I have. Just tell me were and when and I'll be there.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

#4 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 02:19 PM

I'm interested in a north chapter, but I don't have time to commit to running it.

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

The right to revolt has sources deep in our history.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

#5 Male OFFLINE   TroutandBucks

TroutandBucks

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 03:11 PM

I'm interested in a north chapter as well 

#6 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 04:12 PM

So far alot of interest in all 3 groups which is very good to see!
  • Like x 1
  • List

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

#7 Male OFFLINE   Capt Hook

Capt Hook

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 07:17 PM

PM sent ongetting a north chapter up and running.

Thanks,

SS!

Ditto....Hook  (South Jersey)

Edited by Capt Hook, 01/09/17 - 07:18 PM.

#8 Male OFFLINE   Stevo

Stevo

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 07:43 PM

Iggy has volunteered to organize the Central Chapter Joe. Think his screen name is Iggysport or something like that. Anyone north, south, or central that needs anything pm me. Organization is key. We will need to register or join the new jersey federation of sportsman I think. And have a member at their monthly meeting. Each chapter will need a President, Secretary, and Treasurer. I heard we need 100 members and are already at 70. We will need a meeting place so if anyone can get their local VFW or Elks to supply a meeting hall once a month for a reasonable price that would be a great help. All this stuff I am saying is just things I know we had to do to become a club in the New Jersey Bass Federation. It may or may not apply to us.

The thing is we will have a voice. When F&W has a question on anything Predator Hunting they will now have a source to go to. I am very excited about this as you can see. We can really make a difference. :up:

• Like x 1
  • List

#9 Male OFFLINE   Tarhunt

Tarhunt

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 07:44 PM

My son and I would be interested in a Northern Chapter. I can help out.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

#10 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 07:56 PM

Steve
You are correct...
We did have some reps from the federation there Saturday. Everyrhing is good to go just have to hit at least 25 members for each zone..
South group is good and growing.

Just need to organize members from central and North Jersey.

The state appeared very open and responsive to changing some of the Predator regs to simplify and maybe add some Predator seasons.

We will have to be prepared with good info and arguments to make any changes that will be beneficial to Predator hunters.

#11 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 08:47 PM

Is predator hunting the #1 fastest growing form of hunting?   It seems like it's everywhere right now.  Definitely hot.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

#12 Male OFFLINE   Bearcrazy

Bearcrazy

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 08:55 PM

looking forward to working with you guys

"That's a dead bear!"

#13 Male OFFLINE   Bad64chevelle

Bad64chevelle

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 09:07 PM

Central NJ here and I'd like to find out how to join . My buddy would join also.

#14 Male OFFLINE   Stevo

Stevo

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 09:24 PM

I talked to Ted tonight Joe. Said central chapter which will now be known as CJPHA LOL has 18 registered members. I know of two more that are calling tomorrow. 25 should be an easy mark to reach.

I remember when the NJ Wild Turkey Federation started. There was no internet back then and they got it going by word of mouth. There are Turkey everywhere today and the work they did had a direct influence on that. Of course there was an occasional rubbing of elbows but they worked it out. I am proud to say my Father was one of the founding members.

I hope this can be the same success story. I can tell you this won't be easy. In Theory it is but to actually do it will take a lot of dedication from just a few. But I promise it will be worth it. First order of business is membership. Pass the word around. I think our chapter will be made up of Clubs. That is how the BASS federation worked. They had a minimum number you needed in your club and you joined the chapter. Still working on a name for ours. Our club with BASS was "Basskickers". Foxkickers don't work. LOL. "Dirt Nap Boys" but what if we get a girl to join?

Then it hit me like a brick.................... "The Over the Hill Gang".   :happywave:

Edited by Stevo, 01/09/17 - 09:27 PM.

• Like x 1
  • List

#15 Male OFFLINE   Stevo

Stevo

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 09:25 PM

Central NJ here and I'd like to find out how to join . My buddy would join also.

Watch for a PM. Palawman is giving the number out in PM's. Call and give Ted your info and your in.

Edited by Stevo, 01/09/17 - 09:26 PM.

#16 Male OFFLINE   Bad64chevelle

Bad64chevelle

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01/09/17 - 09:34 PM

Thanks Stevo ! We've been at it going on four years now , mixed results . It's been a learning curve to say the least .

#17 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 01/10/17 - 05:39 AM

I talked to Ted tonight Joe. Said central chapter which will now be known as CJPHA LOL has 18 registered members. I know of two more that are calling tomorrow. 25 should be an easy mark to reach.

I remember when the NJ Wild Turkey Federation started. There was no internet back then and they got it going by word of mouth. There are Turkey everywhere today and the work they did had a direct influence on that. Of course there was an occasional rubbing of elbows but they worked it out. I am proud to say my Father was one of the founding members.

I hope this can be the same success story. I can tell you this won't be easy. In Theory it is but to actually do it will take a lot of dedication from just a few. But I promise it will be worth it. First order of business is membership. Pass the word around. I think our chapter will be made up of Clubs. That is how the BASS federation worked. They had a minimum number you needed in your club and you joined the chapter. Still working on a name for ours. Our club with BASS was "Basskickers". Foxkickers don't work. LOL. "Dirt Nap Boys" but what if we get a girl to join?

Then it hit me like a brick.................... "The Over the Hill Gang".   :happywave:

I like Outfoxers......lol

#18 Male OFFLINE   MackofallTrades

MackofallTrades

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 01/10/17 - 07:26 AM

Pm sent

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

- Mack

#19 Male OFFLINE   JerseyJaysTaxidermy

JerseyJaysTaxidermy

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 01/10/17 - 06:19 PM

I can gather a bunch of northern members I'm sure.. Including myself..

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com
  • Like x 2
  • List

#20 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 02/19/17 - 12:36 AM

I can gather a bunch of northern members I'm sure.. Including myself..

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Jay that would be great!   So far the state appears very willing to listen to predator hunters if we are organized...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users