IGNORED

12/30 BDD! (Sorry no pix)

GhostBear

So there I was, in the deepest wilds of zone 2, I get out of my truck in the predawn darkness to glimps a shooting star!! I though " Good omen", as I got dressed in the near artic temps, I don't mind saying I was a bit worried I'd get frostbite on little Elvis!! But alas alls well as I made the heroic trek out to my distant tree stand local, after what seemed like an eternity, but was in fact just 45 minutes, I arrived, weary and cold, (ok maybe not) I took my pack off to get ready to climb up this mighty maple tree! Then I heard it! SNORT! Snortsnort SNOOOORT! Off in the far distance, I thought "Crap" but I climbed up any way, (heck I made it this far right?) then the waiting began, oooooohhhhhhh the waiting!!! I was set up at 6:10! Will I survive this arctic weather? Woe is me, but alas! I did make it untill 7:10! Then 7:30 when I heard it!! " CRUNCH, Ca'Crunch" could it be?! Yes it is there they are! DEER! Not one, not two, not even three, but four!! Four, four deer, ah ha ha ha, ( sorry, channeled my inner count from Sesame Street) anyway, where was I? Oh!! Right! Four deer are now marching like soldiers right too my cleaverly hung tree stand!! Could this be the moment? Two where large, the other two? Not so much, so after braving sub Arctic temps for over an hour, i thought I'd try and shoot one of the bigger ones, so on ward they came, with crunching footsteps they came closer and closer.

Then. It happened!! The lead Doe stepped out into the clearing, less than 20 yards from my cleverly placed stand, did I mention that I placed it in a clever spot? Yeah? Ok, so anyway she turned broadside to my and I drew my bow, settled the pin on the right spot and let loose a bolt form the blue!! ( ok so it was an arrow) as if drawn to the deer like a magnet the arrow found its mark! The deer bolted, but only made it 40 yards where she passed quickly into the great beyond, where it is forever spring.

Well, bottom line is I got a nice doe to end my 2016 deer season !!!! Hope you enjoyed the story and yeah, it was freaking COLD!!!!!lol

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Yeah well, alls I got is a crappy flip phone, my girlfriend says I should get out of the 90's and into the new millennium and get a smartphone, but then I'd have to dumb it down so I can work it, then it'd just be an adiquate phone.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.