IGNORED

Greenwood

hage.230

Hunted Greenwood this morning. Found two coveys fast. First one I doubled second one missed and got one on the second shot then missed two in the woods, was very dark in the woods this morning. Reached into my pocket and no more shells. Dog had 5 more finds on the way back to the truck, met some friends before I got there and got a few shells from them and picked up one more in the woods just before the truck. Started pouring just as I got to the truck. Dog did great, I shot OK and basically a good hunt. Too bad it was the last stocking. Will try next week for some hold overs.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO ALL!!!!!!! 

Hunted Wed for 2 hours and only found 1 covey. We got 3 out of that. But the dog pointed at least 12 half eaten birds. Do not know weather they stocked on Sat before Christmas. If they did they should not have. the snow was cold and wet and then had a lot of rain. The state should be more careful when stocking quail.

Was there this morning and five minutes in was on a covey of ten birds just sittin' on a log!  I would have had a better chance of catching by hand and only got one of the ten! :nerd:   I'm a pretty good shot and all day long I was missing!! I missed at least 20 shots.  All I can figure is I had an extra fleece on underneath and it kept getting in the way but the dog was giving me "the look".  I was surprised at how many coveys we came up on, mostly 2-4 birds but enough for me to miss some more!!  

1sm260gun1.gif

Went out this morning, Sat Dec 31st, Found a few birds got 3. two Small groups of 4 birds each. Dog pointed another 6 dead half eaten birds. As long as it does not get too cold or a heave wet snow the birds should be alright for a while.  Also saw a covey on the north road just before reaching 539

Edited by hage.230

• 2 months later...

Field trails being run at Greenwood Till April 4th. They are releasing a lot of quail  so anytime after the fourth should be a good time to get the dogs some bird work before the May 1st shut down. Then back to the dog training area of Colliers Mills.

Field trails being run at Greenwood Till April 4th. They are releasing a lot of quail  so anytime after the fourth should be a good time to get the dogs some bird work before the May 1st shut down. Then back to the dog training area of Colliers Mills.

This was my first season hunting in NJ.  I did fairly well at greenwood and colliers mills.   Do you know when the trial dates are?  Id like to get my dog some run there but obviously not when trials are taking place.  Thanks