IGNORED

Trappers support email - I got a response!

Lady Bird

Thank you for contacting me regarding your opposition to ACR-25 which seeks to overturn the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) rule allowing the use of leghold traps.

I believe New Jersey should defer to the experts at the Division of Fish & Wildlife who have deemed these traps to be appropriate and consistent with our laws. As such, I voted against this measure when it came before the Assembly on October 20.  However, despite my opposition, the bill was approved and now awaits action in the Senate.

Please know I will take your views into consideration should I be given the opportunity to vote on any legislation related to hunting and trapping.

Thank you again for your correspondence on this important issue and please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance in this or any other matter.

Sincerely,

David P. Rible
Assemblyman, 30th District

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:07 AM
To: Andrzejczak, Asm. D.O.; Brown, Asm. Chris A. D.O.; Mazzeo, Asm. D.O.; Burzichelli, Asm. D.O.; Moriarty, Asm. D.O.; Mosquera, Asw. D.O.; Greenwald, Asm. D.O.; Lampitt, Asw. D.O.; Conaway, Asm. D.O.; Singleton, Asm. D.O.; Rodriguez-Gregg, Asw. D.O.; Gove, Asw. D.O.; Rumpf, Asm. D.O.; McGuckin, Asm. D.O.; Wolfe, Asm. D.O.; Clifton, Asm. D.O.; Dancer, Asm. D.O.; Handlin, Asw. D.O.; O'Scanlon, Asm. D.O.; Benson, Asm. D.O.; DeAngelo, Asm. D.O.; Gusciora, Asm. D.O.; Ciattarelli, Asm. D.O.; Egan, Asm. D.O.; Pinkin, Asw. D.O.; Coughlin, Asm. D.O.; Wisniewski, Asm. D.O.; Quijano, Asw. D.O.; Bramnick, Asm. D.O.; Munoz, Asw. D.O.; Green, Asm. D.O.; DiMaio, Asm. D.O.; Peterson, Asm. D.O.; Space, Asm. D.O.; Bucco, Asm. D.O.; Carroll, Asm. D.O.; DeCroce, Asw. D.O.; Webber, Asm. D.O.; Jasey, Asw. D.O.; McKeon, Asm. D.O.; Caputo, Asm. D.O.; Tucker, Asw. D.O.; Pintor Marin, Asw. D.O.; Watson, Asw. D.O.; Kean S., Asm. D.O.; Rible, Asm. D.O.; Jimenez, Asw. D.O.; Prieto, Asm. D.O.; Mukherji, Asm. D.O.; Giblin, Asm. D.O.; Oliver, Asw. D.O.; Sumter, Asw. D.O.; Wimberly, Asm. D.O.; Caride, Asw. D.O.; Schaer, Asm. D.O.; Vainieri Huttle, Asw. D.O.; Johnson, Asm. D.O.; Eustace, Asm. D.O.; Lagana, Asm. D.O.; Auth, Asm. D.O.; Schepisi, Asw.D.O.; Rumana, Asm. D.O.; Russo, Asm. D.O.; Taliaferro, Asm. D.O.; Danielsen, Asm. D.O.; Muoio, Asw. D.O.; Holley, Asm. D.O.; Downey, Asw. D.O.; Houghtaling, Asm. D.O.; Karabinchak, Asm. D.O.; Land, Asm. D.O.; Jones Egan, Asw. D.O.; Howarth, Asm. D.O.; Zwicker, Asm. D.O.; Kennedy, Asm. D.O.; Phoebus, Asw. D.O.; Chiaravalloti, Asm. D.O.; McKnight, Asw. D.O.; Chaparro, Asw. D.O.; Whelan, Sen. D.O.; Sweeney, Sen. D.O.; Madden, Sen. D.O.; Beach, Sen. D.O.; Allen, Sen. D.O.; Addiego, Sen. D.O.; Connors, Sen. D.O.; Holzapfel, Sen. D.O.; Beck, Sen. D.O.; Thompson, Sen. D.O.; Kyrillos, Sen. D.O.; Greenstein, Sen. D.O.; Turner, Sen. D.O.; Bateman, Sen. D.O.; Smith B., Sen. D.O.; Vitale, Sen. D.O.; Lesniak, Sen. D.O.; Kean T., Sen. D.O.; Scutari, Sen. D.O.; Doherty, Sen.; Oroho, Sen. D.O.; Bucco, Sen. D.O.; Pennacchio, Sen. D.O.; Codey, Sen. D.O.; Rice, Sen. D.O.; Ruiz, Sen. D.O.; Singer, Sen. D.O.; Cunningham, Sen. D.O.; Sacco, Sen. D.O.; Stack, Sen. D.O.; Gill, Sen. D.O.; Pou, Sen. D.O.; Sarlo, Sen. D.O.; Weinberg, Sen. D.O.; Gordon, Sen. D.O.; Cardinale, Sen. D.O.; O'Toole, Sen. D.O.; Cruz-Perez, Sen. D.O.; Diegnan, Sen. D.O.
Subject: ACR125 AND SCR11

I oppose ACR 125 & SCR175 and am highly concerned about the possibility of increased rabies in animals in my area.  The encapsulating trap or commonly known as the Dog Proof Trap (DP trap) is not the same type trap as the steel jawed leg hold trap that was banned in 1984.  This trap has its own classification in the North American trap standards (BMP) and The International Trap Standards (ISO) The DP Trap in fact would have been an alternate trap for raccoons if it was developed at that time of the legislation to be implemented as stated in the 1984 Statue 23:4-22.4 portion of the law banning the steel jawed leg hold trap.  The DP Trap was not in use at the time of the 1984 ban so there for could not be adopted to fulfill the total law. This trap fills all the criteria of the law as the adopted trap and the NJ Fish and Wildlife Council acted in accordance of the law both in the trap and adopting an alternative trap.
Donna XXXXX
1XXXX
XXX, NJ

You can't shoot them from the couch.

best reply i have seen.

on the phone, they are a mess. 

oh no, i am voting for the BEAR trap bill, its a good one. 

the responses were crazy. more crazy the more north east the location was. 

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association