IGNORED

Weird Deer Tricks

A old time once told me that he would start alittle fire with some sticks and dump some leaves on it to make it smoke alittle and the deer would come right up to it.I never tried it but he shot a lot of deer in the club I was in.

Hunting and fishing is not a sport to me its a way of life:rock:

Deer often follow people and predators from a distance to keep an eye on them. We once did a sot of backwards drive. I was doing a small one-man push to my father and he laughed as I walked up to his stand and he tells me, “keep walking the deer are back there following you”. Sure enough, I kept walking and the deer followed me right past his tree and he got a shot.

Interesting ideas.

One property I use to hunt, I would clean small walking paths so I could get to the stand very quiet.

Removing all leaves down to bare ground...

Soon found deer following these paths right to my stand.

Later used this tactic to draw them into shooting lanes just outside of thick brush.

Bingo...

Something along the bucket idea worked for a friend of mine many times over. He used a small plastic basin filled with water, they would come in for a fresh drink.

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.

Once while walking a trail I saw a deer off to the side just watching me pass. I knew if I stopped he would be gone so I kept walking while turning walking backwards I took aim and stopped just long enough to pull the trigger.

On another occasion I jumped a doe from her bed and it took off barking, but not full flight, sort of life it wanted me to follow her. So decked out in orange in the almost open I slipped over to a 3" sapling and just leaned on it. About 5-10 min later a button arose and started sneaking in the opposite direction It stared right at me for a while then just kept slinkering , till I pulled the trigger. You hunt long enough and you'll come across all kinds of scenario's. I have read about that fire trick in Outdoor life or Field and Stream over 35 years ago.