IGNORED

Rotating firewood days (rotating labor share)

And I am accused by some of my family members of having OCD when it comes to staying ahead of the game...   Wow that's impressive

Wood is my therapy, it's more about the exercise and "quiet time" than about heating the house.  I usually end up cutting more than I need and give a bunch away each year.  

I was so excited to have a fireplace in my new place... it sucks tho.. colder when I use it, sucks all the heat out the chimney. 

Get an insert.  We have a Regency wood stove that fits in the fireplace and has a glass front.  We get to enjoy the fire like a fire place but it heats the crap out of the house.  

I give you guys a lot of credit for all that hard work. I burn oil and the fireplace is gas. There is nothing like a real wood fire fire though. Love the smell and that real heat.

That looks just like my house Live to Hunt.  Except it's a can of bud light instead of a bottle of red wine, and there's no candles, and we don't have cool wood walls,  and there's a bunch of crap on our table, and there's a bunch of kids raising a ruckus.  Other than that you couldn't tell our houses apart.   

Edited by Rusty

My splitter has been in the shop for over a month.....Don't yell at me Rusty, lol! I finally got it back today and the timing could not be better, it is ready to go again. We are on the last bin, last 2 dozen split pieces of wood because the stove has been going non stop for over a month now. Cannot wait until I'm off on Friday, lots of oak rounds stacked up waiting to be split.

Now I know why my neighbor is sweating his ass off in the summer splitting wood while I am fishing. It is so he doesn't have to do it during hunting season like me....

Good idea Jack. I can tell you that Rusty is sharpening his maul ever since this post, ready to do battle against any splitter! :rofl:

I was so excited to have a fireplace in my new place... it sucks tho.. colder when I use it, sucks all the heat out the chimney. .

Call me if you ever need a hand jack!

www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Agree with Rusty for the insert. ASFTAX on this site is the man for this. Mine is not an insert, but I went through his company for a stove and have never looked back. Used only 1/2 of a tank of oil last winter thanks to the stove.

stove.jpg

Agree to the insert. Jay you gotta get one. Come see mine in action damn near heats 2900 sq feet on its own with a big ceiling fan to move it around. Firefox in Lafayette did mine. It's a Travis. 

IMG_4582.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….