IGNORED

Compound or Traditional

Thunderchicken

2010 Matthews Z7, 65#...  The most lethal weapon I have ever used.   I also have a 48# Custom Rampart Recurve that I dabble in, but I need to commit more time to practicing with it before I dare launch an arrow at game. I was nearly proficient this past summer and thought about it, but then practice time ran short.  It's a goal - may never fully switch over but I would like to shoot some deer with it (Someday - the "8th" day of the week that is)

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Currently shooting an Xpedition Xcentric 7. Dont see myself switching unless I pick up something from their 2017 lineup.

I'm drooling over the Denali.  It looks beautiful and the numbers are amazing on it.  I need to get in to the shop and shoot one.  Actually, I don't need to do that. I don't have the cash for a new bow right now.   

i committed to the recurve this year but no luck yet. lots of opportunity. thought i had a squirrel the other day but must have missed. its been a mission

Stick with it kuz, the greater the challenge the sweeter the reward when it finally all comes together.  :up:

Started with a Recurve in the 1960's.

Changed to a Bear Compound and upgraded to a Hoyt Compound in the 1980's through the mid 1990's.

Back to using Owen Jeffrey Recurve 1990's.

Recently changed to using a Leon Stewart Longbow.

Changing to a 45# longbow has provided much physical comfort, allowing the use of a heavy arrow, and shoot with the utmost in quietness. 

Have had to sit on the sidelines for the past year due to an injury at work forcing me to undergo major rotator cuff surgery, and other damage I can't even pronounce.

Surgery on both shoulders and elbows has caused a slight postponement in all of my outdoor activities.

Hopefully, come this spring I will be able to have use of both my arms again.

Then its practice, practice, practice to get back to being able to shoot 20 - 25 yards instinctive again.

Pix of my Stewart 45# Longbow below.....

DSC00054.JPG

DSC00055.JPG

DSC00042.JPG

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Changed to a Bear Compound and upgraded to a Hoyt Compound in the 1980's through the mid 1990's.

Changing to a 45# longbow has provided much physical comfort, allowing the use of a heavy arrow, and shoot with the utmost in quietness. 

Have had to sit on the sidelines for the past year due to an injury at work forcing me to undergo major rotator cuff surgery, and other damage I can't even pronounce.

Surgery on both shoulders and elbows has caused a slight postponement in all of my outdoor activities.

Then its practice, practice, practice to get back to being able to shoot 20 - 25 yards instinctive again.

Good luck with your recovery!! :up:

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Ouch, hope you heal up quick and get back at it.  Great bow!