IGNORED

Coyote thon 2017

hunterdan199

I think we all can agree that the yote population is out of control in New Jersey so why not pic a day and maybe we can add deer to it also and do drives for deer and yotes I am sure that would be more productive then sitting in woods with a caller .

Make a day of it guys bring coffe donuts bagel etc it's just a thought I can get a few guys we def going to be doing some yote hunting in January.

Sitting in the woods with a caller is extremely effective if used properly with patience

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I would like to know how many people killed a Coyote by calling them in. I would guess not many.

I've done it in 3 different states

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Calling them in and shooting them definitely can be done. I've done it in NJ and PA with PA being much easier due to the "sensible" night hunting laws there.

A few keys to success in my humble opinion......

Play the wind as best as possible, you'll never beat it completely.

Stay on a set for at least 45 minutes per set.

Change up your prey sounds.

Most importantly (for me at least), get into your calling set up QUIETLY. You guys might think I'm nuts but now I use the LL Bean traditional hunting boot, the sole is unlike any other hunting boot I've used. It make a lot less noise walking and you could feel the ground much better, it's been an improvement for me. I didn't discover this on my own but was introduced to them by a very good predator hunter friend of mine. Also, many traditional bow hunters who spot and stalk use them too.

I would like to know how many people killed a Coyote by calling them in. I would guess not many.

The fish and game website has the coyote kill posted by season. The special season accounts for only a small number of the kill. Most are credited to the deer hunters.

"That's a dead bear!"

I've actually seen more coyotes killed on bear drives over here in Pa than deer drives.

Maybe it's because our bear season is before our deer season. We once had 3 yotes bust out on a bear drive.

By far for me personally setting up and calling has been more effective than drives.

Sounds like a good idea Dan. What zone and date?

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

• 3 weeks later...

Last year 9 to 11 was called in by calling, killed and reported.  Most the highest amount was trapped and there was many that was taken while deer hunting. Not many NJ callers kill coyotes consistently. Pa and NY are a different story , with night time rifles

ACP WILDLIFE CONTROL SERVICES AND ACP REDNECKS PRIDE

referral-0076111001448070575.jpg