IGNORED

2 fluke limit @19"??

joe987654321

A plan expected to be adopted Thursday by federal officials to decrease flounder catch limits and increase the size rules would severely hamper New Jersey fishermen, according to a report on PressofAtlanticCity.com. If the proposal is adopted, fis...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/12/new_rules_reportedly_could_hurt_flounder_fisherman.html

I hope it is not true.

I actually think it would be a positive change for the fluke fishery. Lately everyone's been limiting out on flounder and I'm sure that puts a damper on the population. Commercial fisherman have a separate set of regulations and if I'm not mistaken, they only have to be 14" for commercial harvest. Besides, how many flounder do you need to keep? With this new rule, a boat of 4 guys can only keep 8. Idk but that sounds better than 4 guys keeping 20

Edited by DeplorableDan

"4 guys keeping 20 fish"...    That is your basic requirement for some tournaments, others just award the largest fish.    Which is better for the resource?

They'd just have to change the rules, you'd have to be more selective with your keepers. The flounder have been getting pounded lately, and I wouldn't mind catching bigger fish. Same concept for the 3 on one side antler restrictions, I wish that was statewide, Just my .02

I actually think it would be a positive change for the fluke fishery. Lately everyone's been limiting out on flounder and I'm sure that puts a damper on the population. Commercial fisherman have a separate set of regulations and if I'm not mistaken, they only have to be 14" for commercial harvest. Besides, how many flounder do you need to keep? With this new rule, a boat of 4 guys can only keep 8. Idk but that sounds better than 4 guys keeping 20

might as well raise the gas tax to 30 bucks a gallon while your at it.

since we are using more fuel than needed . all the trucks on the road should also be junked, as they are putting a damper on the gas surplus.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/