• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Heading out tonight for some Monster Biscuits

34 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 05:38 PM

sounds like a great time. :up:
contemplating going out for the last trip of the season on Wednesday

HF, if you are still able to find a slot available I would heartily encourage you to get on board. If I wasnt travelling for work I'd be heading out again as well. DO IT - YOU WONT BE SORRY!!!!

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

#22 Male OFFLINE   sam3

sam3

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 05:41 PM

That is so freekin awesome Tom! Never did a biscuit trip yet.

#23 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 05:47 PM

That is so freekin awesome Tom! Never did a biscuit trip yet.

You really ought to, Sam. It makes for a long trip (15-19 hours) and conditions can be challenging but the action is just off the charts! I've done three trips this year, and came home with Limits of big biscuits and lots of big Ling or Porgies every trip. It is way cool having drop and reel fishing for hours at a time and bringing up double headers of 5 and 6 pound fish.

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

#24 Male OFFLINE   sam3

sam3

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 05:57 PM

You really ought to, Sam. It makes for a long trip (15-19 hours) and conditions can be challenging but the action is just off the charts! I've done three trips this year, and came home with Limits of big biscuits and lots of big Ling or Porgies every trip. It is way cool having drop and reel fishing for hours at a time and bringing up double headers of 5 and 6 pound fish.

Well, you know how much Scrubby LOVES sea bass....:sleeping:

I've never gotten the opportunity to go out with someone.. Give me a ring bro, would love to do it. I've got the patch just in case. :rock:

#25 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 06:12 PM

Well, you know how much Scrubby LOVES sea bass....:sleeping:

I've never gotten the opportunity to go out with someone.. Give me a ring bro, would love to do it. I've got the patch just in case. :rock:

This season is now history but i will def keep you in mind for other stuff going forward. Will be a welcome change to have one of my buddies say yes to a fishing invite since all I get is "Sorry, My Girlfriend (Lou) or my wife (Scrubby) wont let me go." lol

On another note, I just signed up to fish for Cod and Haddock on the Tuna.Com out in Mass on May 20th. I think they may have one spot available if your interested. Cost is $220. If interested let me know ASAP and I'll reach out to Dave.

#26 Male OFFLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 06:14 PM

I'm pretty sure Tom is either going to turn into a fish, or we'll be watching a movie of him turning into one in the "Life of TDaly25"

#27 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 06:23 PM

I'm pretty sure Tom is either going to turn into a fish, or we'll be watching a movie of him turning into one in the "Life of TDaly25"

Nah Matt, I'm going to combine my two favorite passions and start bowfishing or shooting Pelagics with my .338 Lapua lol

#28 Male OFFLINE   Woodrufflou

Woodrufflou

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 06:35 PM

This season is now history but i will def keep you in mind for other stuff going forward. Will be a welcome change to have one of my buddies say yes to a fishing invite since all I get is "Sorry, My Girlfriend (Lou) or my wife (Scrubby) wont let me go." lol

On another note, I just signed up to fish for Cod and Haddock on the Tuna.Com out in Mass on May 20th. I think they may have one spot available if your interested. Cost is $220. If interested let me know ASAP and I'll reach out to Dave.

Don't give me that bs haha. Here's the call I get from Tom for an invite on one of these trips

ring ring....(This is usually around 6 pm, just a few hours before the trip leaves.)
Me: Hey Tom what's up??
Tom: Hey bro, I'm on my way down to the dock, about to go on a jumbo biscuit trip. There's some open spots. Meet me down there.
Me: Tom, I told you to give me maybe a few days notice.
Tom: Well I'm giving you notice now, meet me there
  • Like x 1
  • List

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

#29 Male OFFLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 06:36 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#30 Male OFFLINE   Scrubby rack buck

Scrubby rack buck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 06:40 PM

Don't give me that bs haha. Here's the call I get from Tom for an invite on one of these trips

ring ring....(This is usually around 6 pm, just a few hours before the trip leaves.)
Me: Hey Tom what's up??
Tom: Hey bro, I'm on my way down to the dock, about to go on a jumbo biscuit trip. There's some open spots. Meet me down there.
Me: Tom, I told you to give me maybe a few days notice.
Tom: Well I'm giving you notice now, meet me there

Hey, I get that same phone call.." Im just getting on the boat, you have about an hour to get down here".....:D

#31 Male OFFLINE   Woodrufflou

Woodrufflou

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 06:48 PM

Hey, I get that same phone call.." Im just getting on the boat, you have about an hour to get down here".....:D

Thank you scrub

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

#32 Male OFFLINE   Sykk Physh

Sykk Physh

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 07:01 PM

Tom , was doing the cover all basis invite with those last minute calls.. So he didn't have to hear " thanks for the invite"...

On a different note.. I wonder how this late season sea bass trips wil affect the quota and regs upcoming for this season ..
Capt. Joe G
Sykk Physh Sportfishing
(732) 239 1404
www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com
www.jpgcharters.com

#33 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 08:03 PM

BTW Sam, what "opportunity to go with anybody" do you need? I've gone solo on all the trips I've done this year because if I waited for a buddy I'd still be holding my junk lol

#34 Male OFFLINE   Woodrufflou

Woodrufflou

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 08:08 PM

BTW Sam, what "opportunity to go with anybody" do you need? I've gone solo on all the trips I've done this year because if I waited for a buddy I'd still be holding my junk lol

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#35 Male OFFLINE   sam3

sam3

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 02/27/13 - 06:15 AM

I never been sea bass fishing before. I would like to join someone who knows what they're doing before I venture out on my own.

I am leaving for PA that Thursday for a long weekend. Otherwise I would have jumped at this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users