• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Heading out tonight for some Monster Biscuits

34 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 06:12 PM

Scheduled to go out tomorrow night on the Voyager but trip is doubtful given the wind and sea forecasts. As a backup i called the Doris Mae yesterday to be put on the waiting list for tonight's trip and today I got the call. SWEET! Bring on the Biscuits baby!!!!!!

Hopefully have a nice report for you all in about 24 hours. Unless, of course, tomorrows trip goes as scheduled, in which case I'll have a REALLY great report in about 48 hours!!!!!! Bring em' on Baby!!!!

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

#2 Male OFFLINE   Red

Red

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 06:21 PM

Good luck Tom. :cheers:

#3 OFFLINE   Cousin Brown

Cousin Brown

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 06:35 PM

Good Luck!:up:

#4 OFFLINE   runum n gunum

runum n gunum

8 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 06:46 PM

Nice Good Luck:up:

#5 OFFLINE   Pathman

Pathman

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 07:12 PM

Go gettum TD!

#6 Male OFFLINE   sam3

sam3

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 07:17 PM

Good luck Tommy!

#7 Male OFFLINE   Jeff M

Jeff M

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 07:25 PM

Good luck Tom..beat em up

Hey, I once got handed down underwear and a paperclip for Christmas, and it was a great gift. - Si

#8 OFFLINE   Spent Brass

Spent Brass

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 07:46 PM

Good luck and catch the up.Man back to back trips if tomorrow is a go you will be draging lol
Hunting and fishing is not a sport to me its a way of life:rock:

#9 Male OFFLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 07:55 PM

Good luck brother! :up:

#10 Male OFFLINE   Woodrufflou

Woodrufflou

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 08:42 PM

Good Luck Tommy Boy.

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

#11 OFFLINE   PBhunter44

PBhunter44

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 09:54 PM

Good luck tom. Bring a gas mask.

#12 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/22/13 - 10:06 PM

Thanks guys! A couple of familiar and friendly faces on board, got the good vibe going!

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

#13 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/23/13 - 11:32 PM

Just finished shrink wrapping all the fish and getting it in the freezer. Dog tired, will post full report tomorrow. Off the charts Biscuit action again, total home run.

#14 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 02/24/13 - 03:27 AM

Great job! Wish I could have gone

#15 Male OFFLINE   chris n

chris n

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 02/25/13 - 11:17 PM

nice!

to fish or not to fish...what a stupid question

#16 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 12:50 AM

Belated report here but have been jammed up at work.

Headed down to Barnegat Light and got on board the Doris Mae at about 9pm. Weather was a balmy 35+ degrees, which was a very welcome departure from the single digit temps of my first two trips. Had plenty of room up on the Port side toward the bow and staked out my spot with rods and cooler. Inside the cabin to grab my bunk and I was good to go.

Really nice crowd on board and a number of Croation gents from Long Island invited me to join their cocktail party, which was loaded with homemade grappa, wine, sausage and codfish spread - really over the top and awesome stuff! A couple of familiar faces from NJ Fishing soon joined the group and broke out some home made peach liquor to go with all the other goodies. Between tasting all the other goodies and sipping on my own cognac i was pretty quickly feeling no pain.

The wind was really howling and we set off through 6-8s at a slow and steady pace that would take 6 hours to reach our destination. At about 12:30 or 1:00 am it was lights out and we all decided to grab some shut eye in anticipation of our battling the biscuits. The Captain maintained a nice slow pace so as not to beat us up unnecessarily. After all the hooch and with all the warm bodies in the cabin, I started to feel overheated so I donned my slicks and headed outside to the upper deck, where I laid down on a bench and was lulled to sleep with the sound of the gentle rain tapping on my hood. it was amazing!

We got to the fishing grounds and got on anchor at about 6:15-6:30. The action started off somewhat slow with mostly small fish coming up for the first 20-30 minutes. After a quick adjustment on the lines it was quickly game on, with the big boys coming up one after the other. I had my limit of nice fish by about 9:30 am and proceeded to help fill the coolers of some guys that were sick or not having as much luck. I also added 10 big ling during the course of the day and was just totally having a blast. It was awesome fishing without gloves for a change and my new 2 speed Fin-nor was the perfect tool for getting up and down the 200+ feet quickly and smoothly.

The wind and the seas continued to build throughout the morning and I guess it was at about 11:30 ish when the captain sounded three horns to head home and out of the deteriorating conditions. I used the ride home to scale and gut my biscuits and filet my ling. I was also booked on another offshore trip with the Voyager for later that evening and will admit to being a bit relieved that the trip ended up being cancelled due to the rough seas and weather.

All in all the adventure on the Doris Mae was absolutely top notch. A very comfortable boat, terrific group of guys and some monster biscuits to full the freezer. Highly recommended and will def be back very soon!

#17 OFFLINE   jerseyhunter

jerseyhunter

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 06:08 AM

nice to hear you a good trip.

#18 Male OFFLINE   Scrubby rack buck

Scrubby rack buck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 07:08 AM

my friend you are a sea bassin fool... nice report glad to hear you had a great trip to wrap up the season..

#19 OFFLINE   PBhunter44

PBhunter44

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 12:35 PM

sounds like a great time. :up:

#20 Male OFFLINE   Jeff M

Jeff M

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 02/26/13 - 12:38 PM

Way to go Tom

Hey, I once got handed down underwear and a paperclip for Christmas, and it was a great gift. - Si

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users