IGNORED

Do's and Don't s of Camera Cards

_X7

#6 is is real important.  I noticed that I was getting a few corrupted cards  I finally figured out that when I open the camera, it's in the process of taking my picture and I'm pulling the card out just as the data is being written to it.  Now I shut it down and give it a good 10 count to power down before  I pull the card.  I haven't had a corrupted card since....

one thing I started doing with my cards is when I am done copying what I want to the laptop I do a quick format of the card rather than just deleting the pictures. This eliminates compatibility issues since I now have 3 different brand cameras. It seems to have solved all problems.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

As long as you format with the camera using the same card(s) for the same brand you are good. Mixing cards and cameras can cause problems. I have two cards for each camera I own and the cards are never swapped from another. I had problems with a trail cam (Leaf River) after using a card I had used in my Canon point and shoot. I thought the trail cam had problems until I put in a new card and formatted with the trail cam. The Canon formatted card was the problem for reasons beyond my technical ability to know just why.

As long as you format with the camera using the same card(s) for the same brand you are good. Mixing cards and cameras can cause problems. I have two cards for each camera I own and the cards are never swapped from another. I had problems with a trail cam (Leaf River) after using a card I had used in my Canon point and shoot. I thought the trail cam had problems until I put in a new card and formatted with the trail cam. The Canon formatted card was the problem for reasons beyond my technical ability to know just why.

I only use identical Sandisk cards to keep it simple.  I have a Browning, a Stealthcam, and a Bushnell...  Each one saves their own proprietary folder to the card after each use, which is why I reformat because I only have one extra card and check each camera one at a time.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….