IGNORED

Winter bow.

Matty

Any of you guys been out for winter bow lately?

Been frigid.

I've been out a handful of times so far. My brother has been out twice. Second time he took this doe on a long afternoon sit on one of those frigid cold days.

A little doe management in an area that needs it.

winterbowdoeAndy.jpg

I hope to take at least one more mature doe out of the area myself. It's public land so not sure what others are doing, but it's one of those increasingly rare public areas that definitely have way too many deer still.

BowhunterNJ, recognize that Ross bow?:)

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. I tried to sit the other night with the gun and I just about made it to dark and had to get out I was so damn cold. Way to stick it out

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

Nice doe for sure under harsh conditions.. and yes I loved my Ross bows..lol' date=' right up to when I sold them..haha.. The Ross 337 was an incredible tack driver and the Cardiac was a fantastic hunting bow. However, have I mentioned the BowTech Experience yet???

[/quote']

I think I saw those for sale at Walmart...buy 1, get 2 free? :P

Yeah it's been cold. Last night Andy, Jon, Mike and I coyote hunted from about 4pm till Midnite or so. It was a little chilly but I never put on my jacket, kept it tied around my waist. LOL....

Wind is what makes it tough. My eyes and nose were dripping like faucets and freezing in my beard with the wind hitting me in the face. Had beardcicles...

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Nice:thumb_up: I've been out a lot lately in those 15 degree temps...been seeing a lot of movement. Should of sealed the deal Friday afternoon but my drop away rest froze and never dropped quick enough...arrow went a few feet high.

to fish or not to fish...what a stupid question