IGNORED

Bowhunting during 6 day

Just double checking...you can bow hunt during 6 day without buying a firearms license so long as you have the proper zone specific permits and a buck tag right? If you shoot a doe, you tag it with your permit season tag and if you shoot a buck, you tag it with your buck tag. Zones 5 and 7.

I usually buy my shotgun permit bc it's fun to gun hunt a handful of times, but I didn't bother buying one this year

It is unlawful to use a bow and arrow for hunting
deer while using a firearm license (except during
the Six-day Firearm Season) and unlawful while
using a shotgun or muzzleloader deer permit. A
bow and arrow license and permit (when required)
must be in possession using this hunting equip-
ment. In addition, during the overlapping Six-day
Firearm Season, bowhunters with a valid Permit
Bow Season zone permit in those zones governed
by Regulation Sets 4–8 may continue to hunt
using their bow and arrow license and must reg-
ister their harvest with their zone permit Harvest
Report Number. Hunters without a Permit Bow
Season zone permit who want to use a bow during
the Six-day Firearm Season MUST also possess
a valid Firearms Hunting License and register
their harvest using Harvest Report Number on

their firearm license

So I never noticed this minutia before, until reading what X7 posted... "Hunters without a Permit Bow Season zone permit who want to use a bow during the Six-day Firearm Season MUST also possess a valid Firearms Hunting License and register their harvest using Harvest Report Number on their firearm license"

So you can actually do opposite of what Rusty is doing... Not get the permit bow season, and just buy the gun license and bow hunt this week, but you could not shoot doe but you do get 2 bucks, provided you do have the archery license as well...

I just get the all around sportsman every year, it's less complicated..

However I still advocate 2 bucks per calendar year, all seasons take them how you wish, you can fill those tags in any season as they stand today but all you get are two flexible buck tags.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I disagree with some of the comments. The way I read it, is that you must possess a firearm license and report your buck harvest on your firearms license when you are hunting with a bow during the 6 day firearms season. Does can be tagged with the bow permit.

If you're hunting in a zone that is open for permit bow and happens to overlap with 6-day, you can hunt that permit bow season and use your available permit bow tags for that zone (doe or buck, whatever you have and can use per the regulations for that permit bow zone)

You can also hunt 6-day with a firearm license and use your bow as your weapon of choice to fill the two 6-day buck tags. You can also use a shotgun or an ML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk