IGNORED

Just like clockwork. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.

JHbowhunter

What is patterning buckshot? :laughing:It is a scatter gun it goes every where. :rant:

Wow, really? You'd be surprised how different guns with different chokes throw different brands and sizes of buckshot. You pattern turkey loads don't you?  Every responsible hunter who uses buckshot should see how it patterns.

Who would do that? 

Procrastination.   Talked to a guy tonight who went to sight his shotgun in at the Clinton WMA, and he said it was an absolute zoo.  Like Black Friday at Walmart.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Totally agree. My son was bowhunting in a blind with me tonight and not 1, but over a dozen slug shots about 1/2 mile away from 415-445 until it was nearly dark.

Can't make this stuff up before opening day....

Poaching that late

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Gave up hunting shotgun many years ago because of all the nonsense. Opening day of gun season in every state is a mess. I used to think it was just NJ until I started hunting and traveling to other states to hunt.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Yup same crap every season and I'm sure the few public ranges that are left are completely trashed. Lazy slobs can't even pick up there spent shells, makes me sick!! Idiot slob Hunter"I have a great idea lets bring our old flat screen to the range and we can use that as a target!'" You can't fix stupid!! Good luck out there be safe

Look at it this way, target shooting may be the only thing some folks will have in a few years with the way the deer numbers are going......

My prediction is the harvest will be way up this year, and back to the recent historical norms.   It's been a great year so far.   If you're not seeing deer....... you're doing it wrong.

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Because of all this crap and the fact that where I hunt during six day I'm lucky to get a parking spot but during all the bow seasons it's just me and a small group of guys I know I didn't hunt six day for the last 3 years

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Chasing the deer that eat your bushes since 2012

Because of all this crap and the fact that where I hunt during six day I'm lucky to get a parking spot but during all the bow seasons it's just me and a small group of guys I know I didn't hunt six day for the last 3 years

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

you gotta find a new spot

Gave up hunting shotgun many years ago because of all the nonsense. Opening day of gun season in every state is a mess. I used to think it was just NJ until I started hunting and traveling to other states to hunt.

I have hunted PA and OH on the opening of gun season and was turned off to both.

I hunted state land up around Promised Land in PA and when it got light it was like a bunch of orange Christmas lights around the woods. I don't know if I could have shot a deer if I saw one. By Wednesday it was a ghost town. I do hunt PA during archery season and it's a whole different world. We see lots of deer and do very well. We hardly ever see another hunter during the archery season.

I also hunted OH a few years ago. We were in Hocking county just outside of Athens. The first day was like WWII then it died off mid week. I shot a doe on private land and did see a nice buck on the last day on state land but couldn't get a shot. When I brought my doe to the check station it was mostly does and a few small bucks. I was very surprised at the amount of small bucks taken. Everyone complains about not letting deer grow in NJ but I witnessed the same thing in the woods of SE Ohio where it is supposed to be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

I have hunted PA and OH on the opening of gun season and was turned off to both.

I hunted state land up around Promised Land in PA and when it got light it was like a bunch of orange Christmas lights around the woods. I don't know if I could have shot a deer if I saw one. By Wednesday it was a ghost town. I do hunt PA during archery season and it's a whole different world. We see lots of deer and do very well. We hardly ever see another hunter during the archery season.

I also hunted OH a few years ago. We were in Hocking county just outside of Athens. The first day was like WWII then it died off mid week. I shot a doe on private land and did see a nice buck on the last day on state land but couldn't get a shot. When I brought my doe to the check station it was mostly does and a few small bucks. I was very surprised at the amount of small bucks taken. Everyone complains about not letting deer grow in NJ but I witnessed the same thing in the woods of SE Ohio where it is supposed to be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guys watch too much tv I have in laws in Ohio and access to South Illinois it's no different then here