IGNORED

12/03/2016 Check In

Tarhunt

Zone 5 -  I got in tree by 6am this morning... Seemed like a perfect morning, it was breezy but not too bad - just what I like, and cold, about 35 degrees. Got more into the thicker area.  at 6:45 I heard and saw the first big scary gust coming before it hit, and i literally hugged the tree with both arms and hung on for dear life.  That was easily a 50+ mph... Fortunately it was the only gust that was scary but it would gust to 30 periodically.  Very little deer action - saw 3 doe, 3 fawn 300 yards across an open field in broad daylight around 7:30.  Got down 8:15. Hope to get out in Zone 2 for an afternoon big field/hedgerow hunt. Wind direction will be perfect for that.   May go hang another stand over there for 6-day or make a good ground blind first.   Good luck to those braving these conditions- forecast is for high winds all day.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Zone 5 -  I got in tree by 6am this morning... Seemed like a perfect morning, it was breezy but not too bad - just what I like, and cold, about 35 degrees. Got more into the thicker area.  at 6:45 I heard and saw the first big scary gust coming before it hit, and i literally hugged the tree with both arms and hung on for dear life.  That was easily a 50+ mph... Fortunately it was the only gust that was scary but it would gust to 30 periodically.  Very little deer action - saw 3 doe, 3 fawn 300 yards across an open field in broad daylight around 7:30.  Got down 8:15. Hope to get out in Zone 2 for an afternoon big field/hedgerow hunt. Wind direction will be perfect for that.   May go hang another stand over there for 6-day or make a good ground blind first.   Good luck to those braving these conditions- forecast is for high winds all day.

That's why we are hunting from the ground today.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Been out scouting public land for Monday since 7:00. Bumped a couple of Does at one spot. It's amazing how many stands are on public land and almost none of them are more than 75 yards from a road.

May go out this afternoon, not sure with the wind. Will definitely be out tomorrow with the crossbow.

Got in the blind about 1:00. Saw nothing, not even a squirrel. It's amazing how I was seeing does a good percentage of my sits then I decided to take a doe, now I can't buy a doe on my new property.

Back at it tomorrow. Hopefully have better luck with the winds dieing down.

I was walking up to my ground blind this afternoon and got within 50 yards of 5 does out in the field in front of my blind. I tried to get closer for a better shot but, the wind suddenly switched and they all spooked. That was all of the deer that I saw. My son drew back on a doe at 28 yards but, she saw him move and took off. We'll be out Monday morning to try again.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".