IGNORED

NJFNG League?

Matty

Any interest out there in doing our very own on-line league here?

Even though I posted this in the compound section, I would like to include traditional gear and possibly even crossbows if there is interest.

I know 3d season is almost upon us, but a spot league would still be fun and is a good way to stay sharp for your 3d and turkeys.

Looking at doing about 8 weeks of 3 spot vegas style, or half rounds of 5 spot.

If you're not familiar with them:

Vegas rounds are 30 shots at this target:

MA3SVegas_med.jpg

5 spot half round would be 30 shots at this target:

155target_1.jpg

300 possible points in either game (we'll double the scores for 5 spot half round)

Any interest?

What type of bow would you be shooting: Compound, Trad, Crossbow and would it be a hunting bow, or designated target bow with moveable sight, stabilizer over 12", etc.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I would be shooting my hunting compound.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Matty... where you thinking of holding it ?

edited; Never Mind... missed the ON-LINE part :D

on a side note, at last nights UBNJ northern members meeting, another member from LP archers and I were discussing an idea I've been kicking around of maybe launching a UBNJ Northern members league.

}}}--I certainly do chase New Jersey's BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Bow Buck to date; 2011 Gross; 142 6/8
Best Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
Best Northern Pike to date; 40" (Passaic River Pike )
Best Muskie to date; (The hunt begins)

I guess I left out a lot of important details.

It would be where ever you want to shoot and then submit scores here. If guys want to get together and shoot it weekly, that's always fun too.

Scores would be on the honor system and this is all shot at 20 yards (unless you can find a target resizer and then you can shoot it at lesser distances) I plan on shooting in my basement, I can just get 20 yards if I caddy corner it.

I've never belonged to LPA, but have shot at their facility and some of their shoots. Great place, great club. great guys. If you guys get something going, make sure to let us all know on here.

Maybe LPA would be able to work something out for those close enough to drive there. I know they already had or have a winter league going on tho....so.

I've never belonged to LPA' date=' but have shot at their facility and some of their shoots. Great place, great club. great guys. If you guys get something going, make sure to let us all know on here.

Maybe LPA would be able to work something out for those close enough to drive there. I know they already had or have a winter league going on tho....so.

[/quote']

More then likely wouldn't be held at LPA (range issues), ... probably Targeteers.

Just getting the idea rolling, need to work out many details as you can imagine, but definitely will make things known as they develop.

May try holding a couple UBNJ fun shoots just to test the waters....

Back on topic.... I'd be in for a NJFNG On-Line League :up:

}}}--I certainly do chase New Jersey's BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Bow Buck to date; 2011 Gross; 142 6/8
Best Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
Best Northern Pike to date; 40" (Passaic River Pike )
Best Muskie to date; (The hunt begins)

WHAT...EVEEER! :talktothehand:

Bump, anyone else that can give Blowhard, I mean Beaverkill a run for his money?

Anyone? Step right up, don't be shy! Good excuse to shoot the bow!

So far:

Matty

Droptine

Leaveitit'sBeaver

I have some interest Matt, depending on start date however, as I'm still recovering from the shoulder surgery. Also, there's potential of doing something at the club range but that needs more thought and if participants are willing to drive to Bridgewater. Just throwing it out there for now.

Great. The more the merrier.

I probably won't get this off the ground for a little while, so continue healing the shoulder and give me an approximate date of when you'd be able to participate John. And I don't know how often I'd get down to Bridgewater, but at least once for sure to shoot with all you guys! Just have to make sure Tdaly won't be there. LOL jk

Matty

Droptine

Beaverbreath

Pathman

Beatlejuice (do I have to say it 3 times?) lol

Yes beatle (whoever you are? Lol) it will have to be brought up to the membership for approval.

Matt, looks like sometime in April for my shooting to resume. And if it "slips out" that you will be there, I don't think you'll be able to duck big T!