IGNORED

Bittersweet

hammer4reel

Been waiting on a buck that has shown up the last two years during the Rut.

Friday night after finally seeing good Rut action I checked my cams to find the buck had shown up.

I hung the longbow back on the peg and got ready with the compound to hopefully get a chance at this transient buck.

Saturday night I got a glimpse of him . And saw he was really pushing the does in the thickest spots.

I set up this morning at O dark thirty. And before first light I had at least two bucks pushing a doe around me.

Soon two more bucks came into the commotion and a wide nine point pushed them off.

She laid down ten feet from my tree and I patiently waited hoping Mr big would come take over.

About a half hour later I saw what looked to be the buck coming in quick through the thick stuff.

I had a moment as the rest of the deer were trained on him coming . I grabbed the bow and set up to shoot.

I was only going to get one chance if he hit an opening I knew was just over 23 yards.

He hit the opening and the Dead Ringer freak nasty did the rest.

Could see glimpses as he made it about 45 yards.

Got down and got the same pit in my stomach I got last year in Illinois.

While a nice buck .it wasn't the deer I was after.

Bitter sweet as I know unless I'm lucky and the big guy comes back around in January My chance at him is over until next year.

As he has only been on the farm about a week each year.

But happy for a quick clean harvest on this buck that had also never been on the farm

20161121_105412_zpsobhqretv.jpg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

as I told you on phone Dan- I did same thing 2012 and 2013...  Bittersweet is the only way to put it...   Both bucks tasted great though... And they sure didn't suffer - so it's all good.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….