IGNORED

Walt Disney's Old Yeller..some pics of the farm....

LPJR

I asked my son if he wanted to take a ride when he got off the bus today to try a couple of fields in Walpack for a pheasant or two. Before he answered he had his vest and hat on, lol.....We hit a couple of fields near the Roy bridge and didn't see any birds so we went for a ride out towards the fields at Hainey's Mill..

The pics below are of the farm/land where some parts of the 1957 Disney movie "Old Yeller" were filmed as I was told since I was my son's age...... The sky, combined with the mist and steam coming from the Big Flatbrook, was simply amazing as the sun was setting.

The last pic with the old white tree was taken on Saturday during the opener. It has been the white "ghost tree" for as long as I can remember and is at the far end of the farm.

No birds seen, but we had a great time. Was very cool to see the valley drying out from the rains today.

Old_Yeller.png

w1.jpg

w5.jpg

w4.jpg

w3.png

walpack1.jpg

Edited by LPJR

Very Nice pictures but according to tcm.com, the movie was  Tightly constructed around a series of episodic vignettes and directed with a sure hand by Disney mainstay Robert Stevenson, Old Yeller was filmed at the 700 acre Golden Oak Ranch in the Santa Clarita Valley, thirty miles north of Disney.

Very Nice pictures but according to tcm.com, the movie was  Tightly constructed around a series of episodic vignettes and directed with a sure hand by Disney mainstay Robert Stevenson, Old Yeller was filmed at the 700 acre Golden Oak Ranch in the Santa Clarita Valley, thirty miles north of Disney.

Nice.

Like I said, I was always told some parts of the land/barns were filmed here for it..... 

Brutal.  This is like telling someone there isn't a Santa Claus; shattering the blissful ignorance of childhood with the cold, harsh reality of adulthood. :rofl:

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.