• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Ohio trip

4 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   DV1

DV1

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11/13/16 - 07:28 AM

My trip to Ohio got cut short by a few days on the front end and a few on the back end, so 8 days ended up being 4.5 but it was fun. Weather was pretty warm but we saw deer and did okay for our first hunt on the property. I went out in late September and set up a few things and put a few cams out. One didn't work, one did. It was over 2 old scrapes on a bench along a steep hillside between 2 bedding areas about 500 yards apart. I pulled the card on November 7th and the 16 gig card was full, last video was on 11/2, so I probably missed some good stuff but I got some great action on video anyway. I put a sampling of the best of it together here. Turn up the volume, there are some vocalizations captured on video and antler sounds during the buck fight. My stand is along the bench, 38 yards from the scrape. You can barely see it in the video on November 8th, the day after I pulled the card, when I hunted somewhere else and the 12 point walked by in broad daylight.

I had the big 8 that put on the show on October 28 around me for 30 minutes making rubs on Monday afternoon, my brother hit the split brow 12 point in the shoulder blade and we never found it. I saw it that morning from my stand over 1/4 mile away crossing a creek and going up a steep hill, he looked none the worse for wear. We also saw the big crab claw buck one morning walking in at about 10 am for a 10 am to dark hunt. It rained early so we skipped the first light hunt and headed in. He walked out of a brushy hillside and stopped in front of me at 15 yards, did not have my release on. He looked bigger than in the video, had those really cool butterscotch colored antlers. I passed the 8 point in the video on October 18 on the first morning. I got down from my stand because the wind was all wrong about 8 am and moved about 200 yards to a saddle I found crossing a steep ridge and stood there on the ground. he came up the saddle about 9:45 following 2 does. There is a stand there now.  :up: The non-typical in the fight sequence with the 8 point is the only big buck on video we didn't actually see in 4 days of hunting. Surprised by that but there was a lot of grunting, chasing and cruising going on last week, and the week before, as the video shows. 

Attached Files

Edited by DV1, 11/13/16 - 12:36 PM.

• Like x 2
  • List
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

#2 Male OFFLINE   Live to Hunt

Live to Hunt

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11/13/16 - 07:36 AM

Awesome video.

#3 OFFLINE   Hetley75

Hetley75

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 11/13/16 - 08:20 AM

Sounds like a great time. Can't wait to see video

#4 Female OFFLINE   kmtpr

kmtpr

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11/13/16 - 01:07 PM

Cool video. Thanks for sharing it.  :up:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member

#5 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,252 posts

Posted 11/13/16 - 01:55 PM

Great video.  :up:  :up:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users